Chapter 10

I'm woken up by someone knocking on the front door and ringing the door bell. I grunt and rub my eyes before opening them and glancing around. I realize I'm in my bed with Asheley snuggled up to my back and Lief curled up in front of me, the front of his body snuggled into my torso.

The door bell rings again.

I slowly maneuver my way out of bed, sliding Lief over to Asheley, and manage to not wake either of them up.

I grab a random shirt from my drawer, tugging it over my head before going down the hall and opening the front door.

I'm greeted with the kind, young face of Lief's social worker, James.

"Good morning, Graham. Sorry if I woke you. Today is the day to check on Lief," he says with a sweet smile.

"Oh! Yeah! Sorry, I've been slightly busy the passed few days and I totally forgot. Uhm, let me just go get a little more presentable and wake up the others," I tell him as I move back a bit and open the door wider to let him in.

He steps in and shakes my hand.

"Just take a seat on the couch, would you like anything to drink?" I ask. He shakes his head before sitting down.

I walk back down the hall into my room and let myself sit on the bed, not being very careful about shaking the bed.

"Mm, who is it?" Asheley asks, half asleep, her eyes still closed and not a muscle moved.

"James. Get up and get ready," I tell her as I pull out some proper clothes from my drawers. I tug them on before going into the bathroom where I brush my teeth and comb my hair forward, the way its supposed to be styled.

I put a little cold water on my face to wake me up more before drying it and going back into the living room where James is looking through one of Asheley's magazines.

I step in the kitchen and turn on the coffee maker before going back into the living room and sitting on the opposite side of the couch as James.

"So I heard something happened to your leg? You seem fine now," he comments.

"Todd's paralysis," I respond. "Its basically temporary paralysis caused by over exhaustion in your nerves. I had a pretty bad seizure that started in my legs so thats what caused it. It actually happens quite often but only last a few minutes. But sometimes it lasts up to a day or so," I explain. He nods.

"Interesting. So you had a seizure?"

"Uhm, yeah. I've actually had three this week but thats very rare and doesn't usually happen. When I brought Lief home we had a party and I had a glass or two of wine so that's probably what brought them on."

"Alcohol effects you that much?" he questions, genuinely confused. I nod.

"Yeah, I don't drink that often because of it."

"Do you have your medicine sorted yet?"

"No, not quite. I started a new one but I'm still dropping weight and seizing so Dane or Asheley have to film me whenever I seiz so my doctor can look at it."

"Graham, can you come in here a moment?" Asheley asks, standing in the door way.

I nod and get up.

"Can you get Lief up? He doesn't want to," she says.

"Yeah, I'll get him ready. Talk to James and get him a mug of coffee, please," I tell her. She nods and we pass each other.

I go in my room to see Lief sprawled out across the bed -- which means he's taking up the middle of it. I sit down next to him and rub his back gently.