Chapter 7

I wake up to crying and coughing next to me and then the warm on my chest hits me. Oh god it stinks too.

I open my eyes slowly to see Lief on his hands and knees on my stomach with tears streaming down his face and a mysterious substance on my chest.

I groan to myself before calling for Asheley. When she comes in the room she gives me a sorry look.

She hands me the roll of paper towels from the kitchen before she takes Lief from me and goes into the bathroom, him still crying.

I quickly clean as much vomit off myself as I can before I pull off my shirt and get up to go to the bathroom where Asheley is leaning over the side of the tub and cleaning Lief while he sobs softly.

"Daddy!" Lief cries when he looks up at me.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I ask him. He gives me a slightly confused look. He's still not used to being cared about I guess. He thinks everyone's always mad at him.

I sit next to the tub and kiss his wet hair.

"I'm not mad," I assure him. He smiles softly before rubbing his eyes.

"My tummy hurts."

"Okay, I'll go get you some medicine," I tell him before kissing Asheley on the cheek and getting up.

I grab a package of medicine that'll help calm his stomach from the cupboard in the kitchen before going back to the bathroom where I find Lief is wrapped up in a towel, sitting on Asheley's lap and snuggling close.

"Here, I got some medicine that'll help his stomach," I say softly. Asheley sets him on his feet and he waddles over to me with his towel wrapped around his shoulders tightly. He opens his mouth and I put the chew in his mouth. "It might not taste very good but it'll make you feel better and not throw up again. So don't spit it out," I tell him. He nods with a sour look on his face.

-

Later on I'm sitting on the couch in the living room with my laptop on my lap and I'm working on some homework. Dane walks in the front door and sits next to me before putting his head on my shoulder.

"Whats up?" I ask him when he sighs.

"I have a date tonight...," he trails off.

"You want the appartment to yourself?" I ask with a raised brow.

He squeals rather girlishly and sits up, gives me a kiss on the cheek, then runs off to his room. I sigh and close my laptop. I didn't even say yes or no.

Oh well, Lief is feeling better and Asheley wants to do something fun any way.

I go into my room where Asheley is reading Lief a story but half way through he makes her put the book down just so he can kiss her cheek and tell her he loves her. Isn't he just the sweetest?

He gets comfortable in her lap again and she starts again. I walk in quietly and sit behind Asheley, wrapping my arms around her waist and resting my chin on her shoulder.

"Is this the one about puppies?" I ask. She chuckles and nods. "My favorite!"

Asheley laughs and kisses me softly.

"How are you feeling?" I ask Lief. He shrugs.

"Better."

"You think we can go anywhere?" I ask. He nods.

"Where are we going?" Asheley asks.

"I don't know yet. Maybe dinner and ice cream?" I suggest.

"Dane has a date, huh?" Asheley asks. I nod.

"Alright, lets get ready," I say, getting off the bed.