Scared and Terrified

Start from the beginning

"And he still likes Hayden though he kissed me,"

"Oh, Neesha, wait for me, I need to catch up with you soon. I'll be back in town soon. I need to get this spider out of me right now,"

"Spider? What spider?"

"I don't know. But I think it's some supernatural spider that bit and got under my skin."

"I'll text Brett and Stallion. But don't tell Liam anything about me. I'm on a bad term with him."

"okay, be safe. I'll be there soon. Let me know where you stay,"

"I will, big brother,"

[phone call ended]

----

I stayed inside the Den until Brett found me. "Brett," I ran into his embrace and cried.

"What happened, babe?" He asked as he hugged me.

"They chased me. They wanted to test me out," I cried. "Theo had been chased by a group of hunters as well," I said.

"I'm here with you, I won't let them harm you," he hugged me tightly. I could listen to his steady beating heart that calmed me away from crying.

"How do you find me?" I asked.

"I followed your scent. I followed your sobs," he said softly into my ears. These simple acts could calm me down, I had never thought of that.

"Brett William Talbot," I nuzzled into his chest and leaned my head on his chest, listening to his calming heartbeat.

"I'll keep you safe, Dory," he said and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't go, stay here," I said as I held his hand. "Nolan is still chasing after me." I said as I sat in the den, with him by my side.

"we found her," Gabe shouted from outside the den. He found me.

"Wait, let me in, Mason and I will take care of them for you," I could hear Corey's voice booming outside the cave.

"Just wait at school, we'll bring them to school," Mason said as he ran into the cave with Corey.

"Come on, hold my hand," Corey offered his hand and I held it, so did Brett. "They won't be able to see us, just walk quietly, We'll escort you to the safe house," Corey said.

---

At the safe house, Liam was waiting for us together with Scott, Malia, Dahlia, Lydia and Stallion. We got into the house and Lydia immediately ran toward us.

"Neesha are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm okay, though I almost died. Nolan and Gabe found out about Malia's Den," I shrugged.

"You're scared," Scott smelled my fear.

"Of course she is, Scott," Malia said. "They are hunting her down like she had killed some innocents."

"Dory, are you okay?" Melissa came rushing into the room.

"Don't worry, Mrs. McCall. I'll be okay," I smiled and hugged her. As soon as her warm embrace gloved over me, I cried so hard. "They chased after me," I cried.

"The hunters found Theo," Scott informed. "He was captured and tortured. They wanted me but Theo refuse to speak about me, because he knows if they found me, they'll kill you too," He explained.

I fell on my knee and cried a river. I couldn't handle it. Theo was the only Raeken that was left in this world beside me. And I knew the investigation method the hunters would likely use is tying anyone on the electric fence and electrify them to death so they would spill all the beans about Scott's whereabouts. I couldn't afford to lose my only brother.

"Theo is smart enough not to tell them about our whereabouts, and he is strong enough to handle the electric fence, D," Scott tried to cheer me up.

"If I was on the run with him, He'd not been doing this alone," I cried. "He called me this afternoon," I sobbed.

"He'll be okay," Brett hugged me and reassured me that Theo will be okay. "Trust me. Your brother is very strong, and he's not stupid enough to spill our location. He'll be with us soon enough. Theo is not the only ones captured. He was with Jiang and Tierney too." Brett said as he comforted me. He leaned in and kissed me on my forehead, giving me security I needed pretty much during these times.

——
Liam's POV

Seeing the two of them comforting each other, hugging each other like that only hurt me more. You'll never see something so valuable to you up until somebody took it away from you, those sayings kept playing in a loop on my head. She was always beside me all summer, but I never had seen it as a valuable thing up until she got back with Brett. Now, I could do nothing but watch them hugging each other, kissing each other lovingly and watching each other's back.

"Guys, Theo, Jiang and Tierney broke out from the hunter. Now they were in the sheriff station," Stiles said.

"Let's roll then," Scott said.

"I'm going with you two, with Brett," Dory said, the last words gave a pang of jealousy in me.

"I'll take care of Jiang and Tierney, they are like a brother and sister to me," Brett added.

"Liam, are you coming?" Mason woke me from my daydream.

"Uh, yeah." I shrugged.

"I am used to being invisible, but I knew you're not. You're trying so hard to be invisible," Corey joked.

"It's about her, isn't it?" Mason asked.

"Shut up you two, we're rescuing Brett's pack member and her brother, that's all," Liam shrugged.

----