Late Night Pre-Season Practice

Dory's POV

With Stiles leaving Beacon Hills for his Law Enforcement Programme in Quantico, Kira's leaving us for good, and Scott soon leaving for UC Davis, the team needed more people in. Corey signed in for the team, Liam was still struggling due to Hayden leaving the team. That night, I was with Mason and Corey at boy's locker room, helping Liam getting ready. He wasn't ready with the fact that Scott was going to leave the school soon or later. He was on a major breakdown. 

"Liam, get your ass up," Corey and Mason tried lifting him up.

"Corey, sit him up," I said, looking at the lifeless Liam. I knew he was still in the denial phase about his first love. and I was angry on the fact that he kissed me just this morning.

"I can't handle this." Liam whined.

"Yes, you can.And you've handled so much worse than this." I said and gave the sign to Corey and Mason to hold him up.

"You're practically the Alpha now." Mason said.

"True that," I shrugged. "And you kissed me. if you're not going to man up and be the captain, I'll go back with Brett this instance," I threatened him. I got myself ready to go away. I have Corey's car key anyways. I can go to Brett anytime.

"Yeah, Liam. She's right. you need to man up," Corey half shouted and nodded his head. he had already worn his gears.

"I'm nothing without her." Liam whined. my face turned red because I was mad. I liked liam. I've moved on from Brett. But Liam was stilll in love with Hayden.

"can you help me with this, please?" Mason asked Corey to help him sit the sack of meat together.

 "Hayden left me." Liam whined again. Tears welling up my eyes. I couldn't hold it,  I ran and hid behind the lockersa to cry my tears out.

"She moved, to protect her sister." Mason said. "And congratulations, you made the lady you kissed this morning cry her heart out." 

I sobbed and curled myself on the floor behind the lockers.

"And it's not like she dumped you or anything.:" Mason said again.

"Why is your arm so heavy?"  Corey asked. 

Mason's phone buzzed and a text came out.

"Okay, Scott says Coach is losing it." Mason said, reading the text from Scott.

"Scott's leaving, too." Again, the buffy short guy whined.

"Going to college is not leaving, okay? It's called growing up." Mason scolded Liam. I was listening while sobbing.

"And we're all gonna be going to different colleges eventually." Mason explained.

"I thought we were both applying to UCLA." Corey said. actually the three of us were going to UCLA. that was the thing I told them back then.

"What, you guys are going to the same college?" Liam asked in a whiny tone.

"That is not the point." Mason said.

"What is the point?" Liam asked.

"The point is that summer's almost over, we're about to be seniors, this is about to be the best year of our entire lives, and you're still captain of the lacrosse team." Mason paused and dragged Liam up. "So come on."

Mason's phone buzzed again, i can hear the buzzing sound with my ears. 

"Coach is making Diaz captain." He read the text. Then Liam stood up and ran into the field together with Corey. Mason was looking for me. He knew I was hiding somewhere in the locker room.

"Dory, I knew you are here," He called me. I couldn't hide, he heard my sobs loud enough. I was still crying. Mason of all people knew I moved way passed Brett all these summer and crushed on Liam for some reasons I could never tell anybody. I wished Theo was here. he might not have the trust from the others but Theo is my comfort beside Mason and Dahlia. 

"Don't come closer, Mase. go away," I stood up.

"I knew you are mad of Liam." He said.

"I don't wanna talk to anyone right now," I said. " You go to the field, watch over them for me," I said as I hid by Scott and Stallion's shared locker when a tall figure towered over me. 

"Okay," He went out of the locker leaving me technically NOT alone.

"Dory, what happened?" The tall figure squatted down to level with me. from the voice, I knew it was Stallion.

"Stallion, you are supposed to be on the field," I tried to differ the topic.

"Scott is on the field now. and what happened to you, Dory? I heard your cry when I was about to go to the field." He said looking right into my eyes.

"Nothing," I tried lying but unlike Theo who was able to control his heartbeat when he lied, I couldn't.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"I knew you're lying, why is it? Liam?" He asked pulling me into a brotherly hug.

"It's just every time i fell in love, i had to feel this pain," I cried so hard in his embrace.

"Can I run back to Brett for a while?" I asked.

"I'll let you go to him for now, you need someone. and Brett is definitely someone you can lean on." Stallion smiled and messed my hair. 

---

It hadn't been a while since we broke up. but now, I was driving all the way back to Devenford Prep. to meet my ex boyfriend, Brett Talbot. I texted Lorilee that I was heading to her school. she said Brett was at the school, doing his pre-season scrimmage preparations. I ran to the field where Brett and his team was practicing. I sat on the bench waiting for him. He stopped and ran towards me. I smiled to him and hugged him as he got closer to me.

"Hey, B," I hugged him and tiptoed to kiss his lips. I did it based on my reflex. we used to do that a lot.

"It was still the same," he smiled as our lips parted from each other's. "Amazing," He said and leaned in for another kiss.

"Brett," I said, looking down, trying to hold back my tears.

"What happened, Dory?" He asked, lowering himself down to my level.

"I don't know, I can't seem to breathe freely these days," I cried and crashed myself into his chest. 

"Ssshhh, Don't cry, you know I still love you, D," He hugged me tightly.

"Your kiss said it, B. Can we be back together? I missed you so much," I said and hugged him tighter.

"I don't see why not," He said and kissed the top of my head.

'I'm sorry, B. I need to have distraction. I'm sorry I ran to you, B,' I said in my thoughts. I felt bad for Brett. I knew he was still in love with me and he was not over with me.

I tiptoed and kissed his lips. "Thank you, B. I love you," 'Although it's just a drama,' I said.

"I will always love you, D. wait for me, I'll drive you back home after practice," he landed a kiss on my forehead.

-----

a/n: She used Brett as a diversion to differ her thoughts away from liam. don't hate her. deep down she still had that itsy bitsy feeling for Brett anyways. but yeah, I just wanted to create more drama.

Nymphadora || Liam Dunbar + Brett Talbotजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें