Chapter 4: 3 Months Later

Third POV

Mal was beyond excited today.
Today, the 20th of December, one year after...that...she is finally seeing Ben.
Her Ben.
She was packing her bag, zooming around the room.
Evie chuckled as she saw her friend zoom around.
This was the first time since the accident that she's excited for something.
And Evie's happy for her.
Mal is going by herself, which Evie is happy for.
The pair need their time alone before anything happens.
"Are you're excited Mal?" Evie asked as Mal closed her suitcase on her bed, the clothes lifting the lid from the zip.
"I am...but I'm nervous" Mal said, trying to lean on her suitcase while zipping it "Can you help please?"
"Sure" Evie replied, walking over to Mal and pushed down on the suitcase as Mal zipped it up, being careful with not zipping clothes "You don't have to be nervous...you're seeing Ben again!"
Mal sighed.
"I know but...I feel like it would be awkward...because of what happened and Harry still being my soulmate" Mal said as she finished zipping up the suitcase.
"Mal; Soulmates don't always get together and Harry isn't your real soulmate anyway...it was Ben" Evie said "Now didn't Fairy Godmother say you have to meet her at 11am?"
Mal looked at her clock next to her bed on her bedside table.
10:45am
"Yeah" Mal said "It's still awkward though"
Evie put her hand on Mal's shoulder.
"Yes, it might be awkward...but you haven't seen each other in a year, you can't go straight back into it" Evie said "Now off you go, and please call me when you get there; who knew the royal's had a place at Neverland?"
Mal nodded as Evie took her hand off Mal's shoulder.
"I actually thought that was a myth" Mal replied, lifting her suitcase off of her bed and onto the ground, the wheels on the ground.
"A lot of people do" Evie commented "I read about it"
Mal rolled her eyes.
"Of course you did, know go on your date with Doug, he would be waiting" Mal said, hugging her friend "I'll see you in the new year"
Evie smiled and hugged tighter before letting go.
"I'll see you then" Evie answered.
Mal nodded and walked out the room, tugging her suitcase.
Evie couldn't help but to smile.
Mal's glow is coming back to her eyes.

~~~~~~

Mal pulled her heavy suitcase to the front of Auradon Prep with seconds to spear, Fairy Godmother already there in front of the limo.
"Let me help you with that my lady" the diver said, taking Mal's suitcase.
Mal nodded.
"Thank you, and you can call me Mal, I don't like formalities" Mal said as the man bowed slightly and nodded.
"I have a feeling you would be a great queen" Fairy Godmother commented as Mal stood next to her, making Mal blush a deep red "You are technically engaged"
"But there's no ring" Mal said, making Fairy Godmother smile and walk off, leaving Mal confused.
"Come into the limo, we need to get going so we can be there before dusk" Fairy Godmother said, going into the front seat "You can sit in the back where food and drinks are"
Mal nodded and opened the door to see the familiar inside of the limo.
Mal sat down, the limo driver looking back.
"Are you ready lady Mal?" He asked.
Mal smiled faintly.
"Yes, I am" Mal said.
He turned back to the front and started to drive.

Mal looked around the limo and noticed the sweets next to her left, making her smile at the memory of the first time her being in a limo, with Jay and Carlos pigging themselves on the food.
She put her head against the window and watched the houses pass by, not noticing her eyes drooping.

~5 hours later~

Mal's POV

"Mal"
I groaned, opening my eyes and noticed I was still in the limo.
I looked at the front to see Fairy Godmother looking at me from the rear view mirror.
"We'll be there in a couple of minutes, you can see Neverland from here if you look out the window" Fairy Godmother said.
I immediately looked out the window and gasped.
It is like the myths.
The green mountains are glistening in the forever shining sun.
The view was just breath taking.
Then I noticed on the left side of the mountain was a white spot, which when getting closer turned into a holiday mansion.