Chapter 1: Mal's Depression

Third POV

Mal is just lying on her bed in her dorm in Auradon prep, staring at the roof.
She doesn't know how she's going to handle this.
It's been 9 months since she made that promise to Ben.
8 since she's gotten back to Auradon.
And it's been hell.
Not just the thought of Ben healing and almost dying because of her but everyone who wasn't there asking questions and trying to help.
Especially the press and her close friends.
She's lucky her mother, Carlos and Harry are there to help her through it; Harriet is helping CJ has they have gotten close through this experience.
Mal heard Evie come into the room again.
"Mal? Can you talk to me please?" Evie asked once again for the tenth time that day "What happened?..where's Ben?"
At the sound of his name Mal's eyes teared up and she turned around and sobbed into her pillow.
Evie, noticed her friend cry at the sound of her old soulmate's name, concerning her.
Evie immediately went to her friend's bed and rubbed her back, trying to calm down the shaking, sobbing girl.
"It's all my fault" Mal sobbed.
"No, it's not" Evie whispered.
"Why wasn't I strong enough Evie? I've been my whole life, why not now?" Mal asked.
"You are strong Mal?" Evie said calmly.
"Then Why didn't I...why didn't I-"
Mal started to sob before she could finish.
"Shhh, you're okay, let it out" Evie whispered "I might not know what's going on but don't hold it back from me"
Mal turned around to face her friend's concerned face, trying to wipe the tears away.
"Now, do you want me to get your mother or Harry?" Evie asked, going to stand up.
Mal grabbed Evie's hand before pulling Evie back onto the bed, forcing her to sit down.
"Stay...please" Mal whispered.
Evie nodded and smiled at her friend faintly.
She hugged her friend who hugged her tightly back.
'Whatever happened must have broke Mal' Evie thought as she stroked her friend's oily hair 'She has never been this upset before...maybe its because its to do with Ben not being here'
Everyone in Auradon got told Ben with his parents are going on a trip to try and Ben to finish his royal training, leaving Lumiere and Evie in charge.
But Evie did not believe that for a second, especially since Ben, Mal, CJ and Carlos were all missing and now they have been found.
Jane and Jay are still to be found.
Something must have happened.
And Jane and Jay must still be in that trouble.

Suddenly Evie heard a knock on the door.
"Who is it?" Evie asked.
"It is James Adams of the royal guard madame" a male replied "May I come in?"
Evie looked at Mal, who somehow got out of her hug and stared at her with uneasiness.
Mal nodded.
"Of course" Evie said, standing up, "Just be mindful the lady in court is resting"
"Of course" James said.
The door opened slowly to revealed a man in full silver armour, with his helmet off to reveal his tanned skin with blue eyes and curly blonde hair.
He looked quickly at Mal who looked at him before going back into her sheets.
Evie motioned him to move towards her side of her room.
"Sorry, the dorm is a little...messy at the moment" Evie said quietly "It must be important if you must come straight to me"
"It is" James said "It is Jay and Jane; they have been found"
Evie widen her eyes.
"Where were they?" Evie asked.
"In a coma like state, floating in the air of some shack in the Sherwood Forest" James said "As soon as we touched them, they woke up and it seems they have been like that for months"
Evie couldn't help but to gasp.
"Are they in perfect health?" Evie asked.
"They are drowsy but their vital signs are completely normal" James said.
"Are they okay to visit?" Evie asked.
"They are undergoing their final checks now" James replied "They need rest and more checks tomorrow but yes, very soon"
Evie nodded.
"Thank you, have you informed the royal family?" Evie asked.
"They were thrilled that everyone got home safe" James said.
Evie rose an eyebrow.
"Okay, you can leave" Evie said.
The guard bowed and walked out the room, closing the door on the way out.

Evie sighed and looked at her friend, who was sound asleep.
"I need some people to help with cheering her up" Evie whispered, walking out the room to get her friends.