fifteen

taehyung smiled as he stood in front of hoseok's apartment door, ready to make amends. he had waited to leave until the morning after he heard from seungwoo. he knocked on the door, but got no reply. he waited a bit, thinking maybe hoseok was in another room. he tried again, but once again, no answer. he tried opening the door, but it was, of course, locked.

he slid his phone out of his pocket and went to hoseok's contact. he called him first. taehyung could hear the ringing from the other side of the door, but it didn't stop until taehyung ended the call himself. taehyung was getting worried now, as hoseok was a morning person and was usually awake by now. the brunette rubbed the back of his neck as he went to jimin's phone number. he had saved it after him and hoseok had spent the day with the petite boy.

"what do you want," jimin spoke groggily. it was more of a statement than a question.

taehyung was making his way out of the apartment building now. "hey, jimin. sorry for calling so early. have you heard from hoseok by any chance? he isn't answering the phone and won't come to the door."

"how would i know? he's probably sleeping. plus, i thought you guys got in a fight?" jimin sounded more awake now, but still grumpy.

"i'm trying to fix things now. do you happen to have a spare key?" taehyung strode down the sidewalk, already heading to jimin's house.

"yeah. i guess you can use it."

"good. i'm already almost there."

•••

taehyung had retrieved the spare key from jimin and was back at hoseok's apartment. he felt bad for going in without permission, especially after their little argument. he felt it was important though, and hoseok would let it slide.

once he slipped in, he looked around, not seeing hoseok anywhere. the boy's phone was on the kitchen table. there were a few texts from the former and someone named yoongi. taehyung was pretty sure he was one of the therapists that hoseok spoke to.

taehyung frowned, concerned now. it was almost 9 am, and hoseok still wasn't up. the model tottered towards the latter's room, the door cracked open. he pushed it open and saw hoseok sleeping on his back. he tiptoed closer, gently shaking the older's shoulder.

"hobi?" he whispered.

no answer.

"seokie? wake up," he said a bit louder. taehyung grabbed hoseok's hand. he slowly started to fill with dread. hoseok's hand was cold. and unsettling kind of cold.

that's when taehyung realized hoseok's chest wasn't moving. maybe he just isn't breathing very heavily. the former held his hand underneath hoseok's nose, but he felt nothing. he started to panic. he then looked to hoseok's right and saw the ventilator. it hadn't been hooked up that night. it was turned off.

hoseok's heart had failed him.

taehyung had failed hoseok.

yayyy this cringey book is over. thanks for reading and voting, it makes me so happy, seeing that people enjoy this. i feel like i could've done better, but i haven't been able to focus much lately. if have any questions about the story line, feel free to ask bc it probably got confusing at some point. i'm not that great😂

also, should i do another yoonkook book? it won't really have a story line, just a bunch of fluff.

thanks for reading💜

[edit] i'm gonna let you guys take hoseok's death where you want it. maybe he didn't use the ventilator on purpose? maybe he just forgot that night? who knows? it's all up to your own imagination 🙃