13 - A hell of a night

Aiden's POV (bet you didn't expect that HA)

I looked at the road in front of me, turning to look at her from time to time. She looked so pretty even if she was just looking out the car's window. I gripped on the steering wheel hard, thinking about how this situation was messing her whole life up; how with one wrong choice from my side her life could be put in danger.

I hated the fact that I had dragged her into this. I left her when she expected me to be there for her, she needed me. I lied to her, over and over again. I hid shit from her, shit she deserves to know.

I, more than anyone, want to tell her the truth. The full truth. Without hiding stuff. I had lied when I told her I would tell her everything. I couldn't. It would break her if she knew that the person she called her friend was actually someone she shouldn't trust.

She's too good to be treated like this.

I didn't say anything during the entire ride there, and nor did she. She was probably thinking about what I had told her at the park. I could see I scared her, the situation scared her. I wanted to keep her out of it, I didn't want to have to come back. I wanted to see her again, wanted to make sure she was okay.

Who was I kidding, of course she wasn't.

The guys told me she got worst as time went by and it killed me to  know I contributed to that by being absent. I wasn't planning on coming back, It'd put her in more danger than she could think of but I had to come back.

After his last threat, I had to make sure I was close to her, close enough to know I could protect her if needed, close enough to make sure he wouldn't get anywhere near her or her family.

Evelyn's POV

None of us dared say anything as we drove downtown, to the big party everyone was talking about. I hated parties like that; call me antisocial but I just didn't find anything fun about being in a room full of sweaty, drunk teenagers that were probably either having sex somewhere in the room or thinking about doing so. Either way, I had no place to be there.

The minute we arrived I started seeing people I recognized and I hated every bit of it. We walked in, most of the girls there eyeing Aiden as if he was a piece of candy and looking at me, probably wishing they were in my place. Honey, you can have it I just want to go home.

Through the crowd of people I managed to spot Noah, Jagger and Parker, drinking and talking. They all waved at us once they saw us, their faces lighting up when they laid their eyes on me. They'd go out of their way to try to convince me to come to a party and just loosen up but I always refused to.

Surprise!

''They like you, you know'' Aiden told me with a smile, not mentioning anything about the talk we had or the things he told me minutes ago.

''I like them too'' I replied, giving him a smile back. We walked towards the bar where the guys had -once again- a failed attempt to get me to try alcohol, so I just got a coke instead, making them laugh at my hatred for alcohol. I just never found the need to try it out because honestly, I didn't know why drinking in our age was such a big deal.

''Okay, we need to make you a statue for being able to get Evelyn Hayes in a teenage party. Wow.'' Noah playfully told Aiden, taking a sip of his drink. I hit his shoulder, as hard as I could master but laughed regardless.

Aiden sighed theatrically ''You already know no girl can resist my good looks'' he said motioning towards his face making me choke on my coke dramatically and laugh.