51 - Tomorrow

"I can't believe that wench" Ivory said, moving her hands around radically, her bags moving around in the process. "Calm down,  it's over" I tried relaxing her, taking the bags from her hands, as I was sure the beautiful dress inside would end up getting thrown somewhere on the asphalt. 

"How are you so calm?" she said, "She wanted to get us upset, we can't give her that pleasure" I said making Bailey throw her hands in the air. "Finally, thank you!". 

"I can't stand her" Maya murmured, shaking her head. "I'm not even sure if she can stand her own self" Bailey said and we all nodded. 

I can't lie, my insides were turning upside down after the lovely encounter at the store, but with all the things making me upset lately, I was trying any possible way to help myself not explode. Remember what Bailey said, I told myself. "It's herself who she has a problem with, not you".

"Listen there's no use of letting her ruin our day. We had fun shopping, why let her tear our moods down?" I said. "Eve's right. Fuck that girl" 

Fuck that girl. 

~~~

"Found anything you like?" I asked Maya, and she sighed, sitting down on the bed next to me, defeated. We were a day away from prom, and Maya had come over for dress hunting from my closet.  "I like everything, just not on myself" she murmured, and it sounded more like a confession. "I know I can't change your mind, but if you care at all for my opinion, I think you looked great in all of them" I said, and she gave me a slight smile. 

"How about, I help you put together an outfit. Maybe you haven't found what assentuates your body yet" I suggested and she nodded. After a bit of digging around in my closet, I was happy with my choice. Who says she needs to wear a dress? I grabbed a black flared skirt that hugged her waist, a cropped pink pale shirt that wrapped around in the front and a Burgundy jacket. 

She looked at her reflection in the mirror, looking unsure. "You look amazing" I exclaimed and I meaned it. "You really think so?" she asked, playing with the skirt and trying to pull it down. "Are you kidding? If the skirt is too short for you we can try something longer?" I proposed, but she shook her head. 

"No. It's time I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit" she said, and I nodded, smiling like a proud mother. 

She changed into her clothes and I put the outfit in her bag. "Found a date yet?" she asked, referring to the bet I made with Noah. "Nah. To be honest, the only reason I made the bet in the first place was so that I could find an excuse not to go. Noah will have already found a date and I'll be able to stay home in peace." I explained. "Sneaky" she chuckled. 

"Are you sure you don't want to go? You could still save yourself from doing his homework" she said, taking a sip of her juice. 

"I don't mind. Might help me get back on track too" I replied, and she nodded. 

After a bit of talking, Maya got a call from her mum and she basically had to run home, so I walked her to the door. After thanking me about a billion times for the clothes, she was on her way. 

I walked back to my room, opening my laptop to watch this new movie everyone was talking about. Just when I had grabbed all my stuff -by that meaning food- my phone buzzed with a text. 

Noah: How's the date hunt going Hayes?

I laughed at the choice of words, before replying