Gasp

Two weeks just went by swiftly. At school, everyone became a book nerd as mid-terms were not very far. Just everyone. The trio were no exception to that. Even they were completely focused on their studying. 

But for today it would be just mayura, spending her day at the school library. She had asked the other two which had declined since rokuro was really disinterested and benio chose to remain home because she somewhat had a headache. Mayura knew it was just rokuro's excuse. He wanted to stay back and look after her. 

'They sure make a good couple.'

She then stared pointless over the book that she had in her hands and then at the other one. Even Shimon didn't attend school regularly. He was present on days, and some not. At times he even skipped classes. Neither of them had talked since that day at café. 

'You mean a great deal to me' his words kept ringing through her mind. He is sweet. An instant blush covered her face as she emphasized on what she was thinking. But this doesn't change the fact that he left her alone the day at the amusement park. 

How could she think of it that way? But it's fine. She remembers her mom's words.

"The human mind cannot always think in a positive way. But you should always remember, the first thought which comes on your mind, you think accusingly is just what you've been accustomed to do. But the second thought that comes to your mind is what defines you."

She is right. There has to be a reason why he did that. And she need to to just to find out what now. Besides he was also about to tell her something the other day. 

There is something up with him lately. Also isn't he 2 years older than us? They why are we on the same class? 

'Something's not fine with him. And I'll find that out' 

She stood and went towards the window where hanging flower basket adorned the window. It had beautiful flowers. Mayura didn't take even a while to identify the flowers. It was fuchsia plant. The fuchsia flower is a beautiful, exotic flower with striking two-tone colors. It is quite unusual with regard to its shape and the fact that they are really delicate. It reminded her of Shimon. Two tone colours. He is the same. Even though doesn't show any expressions on her face he has million of emotions running through his soul which he only confides to his close one with.  He is unusual. Delicate? Maybe not outside but from inside?  Yeah. It needs perfect amount of sunshine and shade. Just like him. 

And most importantly, it's symbolism- the fuchsia flower symbolizes humble and confiding love. Shimon...a person like him would do the same. He heart raced at the speed of a running train matching the velocity of the wild butterflies in her stomach. 

The person whom he likes would be amazing. That is for sure. But is there someone he really likes? The played nervously with the tips of her hair as finally the thought hit her, why is she so intimidated by him? 

She turned her head down in embarrassment. In an instant she recognized Shimon down there,..staring at her. An instant red blush covered her milky porcelain skin as Shimon averted his eyes. Butterflies that already ran wild in her stomach were dancing like party animals now. But he still had  a grim look on his face. His usual tranquil features now wavered. 

'Now's my chance' she thought and whizzed down. 

'Let the pages aimlessly turn. Let the pens get dried of their inks. Let the silence in the library break. Let unreasonable whispers turn into a two stringed symphony. Let the sunshine gleam a bit brighter. Let me reach him. Let all of this reach him.' 

'Shimon, just stay in there a little while longer. I'm coming.'

Sweat formed on her forehead and her breath hitched. But the familiar silhouette was no where to be found. Cold air blew past her blowing away her hair in the opposite direction. 'In that direction...the greenhouse. He has to be there.'

She sprinted towards it. Her last hope. She slowed down as she reached the entrance. 

'He'll be in there, right?' She thought to herself and knowing the only way to find out, she moved in. 

She took a few steps rising her hopes, in the direction of the bonsai plants. And he was there. A smile lit up on her face. 

"Shimon!!" She chirped and as he turned about she enveloped him into a hug. He was warm. She could feel it. 

"Mayura? What are you doing?" As he said that she realized her actions. She broke away from the feeling she wanted to last. 

"I'm sorry. I wanted to see you and I was just...happy to see you" She said as heat rose on both their faces. She didn't glance at him for a while due to the awkwardness. But when she did, she saw him hiding his face in the scarf. 

"Why did you want to see me?" He asked. 

"Because..I" Why did I do something so pointless? "Because I kind of...felt like it?"

"I see" He simply answered. But the moment when he widened his eyes wasn't overlooked by Mayura. 

"Umm, Shimon that day, you wanted to tell me something, didn't you?"

He looked at her as if contemplating something. After a momentarily pause he said, "I can't tell you." 

She grew more uncertain. Wasn't she worthy of someone's trust? 

"It will be complex telling you. Why don't you come and see it with me?" He offered to her. 

Since she didn't have any classes now, it was fine to go with him. So she got her bag, as he did the same and then they set off to somewhere he was taking her. He led the way, down the streets and through an unfamiliar part of the city. 

After walking for a while, he stopped in front of a huge building which was a hospital. Mayura's anxiety grew at the weird stares people gave her that she held Shimon's hand by the sleeve. The typical scent of medicines tenses up the hospital environment. 

"I think she'd be happy to see you" Shimon said vehemently. 

Mayura wondered if it was a happy statement or not as Shimon opened the door which opened with a low screeching sound. 

Mayura gasped. 

-----------------

Hii everyone!! 

How are you guys! I'm all good.

*sits with a pile of homework and assignments*

Okay, I guess I am. 

So did you all like this chapter?  Please comment. It really helps. If you like hit the small star button down there. 

Okay, this story is gonna be in two phases, looks like phase 1 is coming eventually to its end. A few more chapters. And above is an image of fuchsia flower. I stumbled upon it while surfing the net and also that it symbolizes love. It reminded me of Shimon and there it is. Truly, my luck😝

-love S