Return of the Wrong Romeo

Mayura woke up. Her head still dizzy, since she din't actually get enough sleep last night. The first realization to hit her was she was going to be late due to oversleeping, the second being that it was raining as the petrichor hit her and the last and most important realization, Rokuro and Benio were coming back to town today.

Her eyes opened completely as she stormed out of her bed. She remembered that she had promised to meet them at their place and they would leave for school together from there. She dressed up with full force and speed.
"Mayura,slow down." She heard her moms voice because she was almost jumping on the floor.
"Sorry,mom!" She said as she swayed down the stairs. She decided to skip breakfast as she was already late. When she was out about to go to Rokuro's place, her phone buzzed up.
She opened her inbox to see a text message saying,"U'll b late if u cm here, cm 2 scul dirctly" she knew only one person who use to type messages using all kinds of short forms, and that was Rokuro.

She ran down the streets of Narukami, only to stop when she reached the gate of school. She was so glad that she din't stumble upon anything due to her clumsiness being at its peaks since she was going to meet Rokuro. She finally reached. She panted heavily as her lungs took in some air.

"And you mock me over being a sleepy head!" A familiar voice greeted her.
"Hello to you too, Rokuro! And I'm not a sleepy head. Its just the fact that I could not sleep last night." She defended herself.
"Hello Otomi-san, its nice to meet you. Just don't mind this idiot." Benio passed some death glares to Rokuro.
"Its good to see you too adashino-san!" She replied
"Wait. What are you looking at me like that for? Anyway what's with your sleepless night thing?" Rokuro questioned as the trio walked towards the class.
'Its you. I wasn't able to sleep because of you. Why the hell have you to get on my nerves every time and that too so easily? I wish you could've told me from the beginning that you will never return my feelings. I would've murdered them right away. I wouldn't have let them harbour in my heart any more. Then it surely won't hurt this much more, if you would come out of nowhere with a girl and tell me you two are dating.'

"No, nothing such. I don't know why though, I was just awake last night." She tried to lessen the her tensed up behavior and continued, "anyway how were your vacations?"
At her question Benio's aura darkened again as she spoke,"he was half the time sleeping and the rest of the time doing reckless things." She sighed
"That's not completely true! I took you on a date too? How could you forget?" Rokuro sapped back.
"You did?" All of their face flushed bright red at the mention of a date.

The trio entered the class, when Rokuro was informed that someone had replaced him in the football team while he was away. Mayura gave a knowing look.
"I guess its Shimon who has replaced you. He's a transfer student and according to what I've heard apparently, he's an amazing football player."
"Woah, you seem to know a lot about him Otomi-san" Benio looked amazed.
"No, its nothing such" Mayura blushed.
"Whatever it is I'm going to get my place back from is guy." Rokuro clenched his fists while exiting the class.
"He's reckless behavior is gonna get him nowhere. I'm sure." Benio commented as she followed Rokuro.
"Rokuro...." Mayura's face gave a down cast expression as she whispered his name. She refrained from following him, but ended up doing the same.

Football practice was about to take place but was now cancelled because it was raining hard now. Benio and Mayura both decided to watch from a distance. Rokuro asked in his naive and way too loud voice,"who replaced me?"

The girls sighed as they saw him messing up. Mayura pointed at a certain spiky headed person as she told Benio that this was Shimon. The team's captain who turned out to be Shimon eventually came ahead.
"What do you want?" He asked.
"Are you Shimon? If yes then you're here in my place, and I would like to get my place in the team back."
"Firstly I don't think I gave you the permission to call me by my first name and secondly have the manners to talk to your senior." Shimon replied crossing his arms.
Rokuro gave him an annoyed look,"Stop being so rude and I suppose juniors deserve good behavior as well."
"Really? I don't think I said something so dismaying that you had to make that statement and besides no one has snatched your place in the team."
Rokuro's face displayed a wide grin and an excited look,"You should have told me that before Shimon, I wouldn't have wasted my energy."
That was all thanks to your stupidity. Besides, how many times should I tell you not to call me on first name basis!?" Shimon said while walking away.