The start of... love

'Even this isn't taking us anywhere.' Shimon thought as the doctors said there has been just a minor recovery. He walked away from the doctor's cabin and went to another hospital room. Hesitation made him gulp. But he still somehow drew the courage to twist the door knob and go inside. The door opened, but there wasn't anyone there. The bed was all neat and tidy, without a single crease. The walls as pale as they had always been and the block window, he wondered since how long had the edge of it been broken.

How many times had he been to this place now? Infinite, seemingly. He wished that this might end soon. But he knew it won't, right? Probably. How many times had he been worried for the patient here. Shimon's most important person in life. So,again where was the patient now? Yeah gone to just another checkup session, one amongst the hundreds. He left a really audible sigh. And the empty walls responded by echoing it back to him.

He left the hospital soon knowing he might not make it to school in time. A void occupied a bigger place in his heart now. A void, completely colourless, dull. Like the sky above, painted with shades of grey, but yet colourless and dull. But the void still had something in it, a bittersweet melancholy which immersed him in it.

Soon he reached school. He stood there staring at the huge building. 'Get in' his mind was forcing him to bit still he din't understand why he stood there.
"Hey, you're the one who's late!?!?"an astounded voice said
He turned and saw Mayura standing there with a bright smile on her face. He wondered how she kept up this happy aura always alive around her.
"Well.....I could say the same thing about you" he said without any high or low pitch in his voice.
She frowned,"You're such a no voice modulating commentator."
"Wait...what?" He gave a dumbfounded look at her illogical series of words.
"Anyway, Shimon I guess we should get in. It has started to drizzle." She said as she turned her head up to the sky.
He nodded and strutted ahead as Mayura followed behind.
"We won't be able to attend the first class so let's just continue from second."
"Uhm."
They went to the greenhouse, the lush green grass plants giving a soul soothing experience. It was just the kind of atmosphere that can be stated as perfect. Maybe that is why Shimon came here so often. To relieve himself.
Mayura once again commenced the conversation,"uhh...Shimon...that day...."
He gave her a questioning look.
"I'm sorry, that day when I...... Ki..kissed..yo..you...trust me it was just an accident" Mayura face was completely flustered.
"I..I know" Shimon replied covering his face in his scarf out of embarrassment
He went towards the bonsai. Mayura soon followed him.
"Are you alright?"she asked in a tender voice.
"I am. What makes you ask that?"Shimon assured her.
"I don't know. You just don't seem so to me."
"Your brain's playing on you" Shimon was trying his best to strengthen his walls but somehow Mayura was more and more getting onto his nerves.
He considered their meeting full of consequences starting from her falling on him the first time, then once again with a kiss on the cheek bonus. He hated it so much.
She frowned suddenly.
"What's with that, now?"
"I missed another class..ugh..I'm hating this."
Shimon has seen many book nerds bit Mayura isn't a nerd.'I wonder why is she so keen on attending classes' because as someone told him students don't mostly like attending school, which wasn't the case for Shimon though, o he wondered why.
"That day also.." He turned to her,"you were so determined to complete your notes."
Her lips immediately lit up,"actually I'll need to help two of my friends when they return to school. So its my duty to attend most of the classes. The more I attend, the more help."
Shimon furrowed his eyebrows,"but they're just friends, aren't they, then why?"
Shimon because of his responsibilities hasn't given importance to friends sort of thing,
"exactly, that's why. They're friends because you can't abandon them. It's pointless even if one of them is missing. And for this even I have to go lengths to do things to understand them I will, help just being a smaller part of it." Mayura's eyes shone with the care and affection she had.
His eyes widened.
He was really touched by it. You can't abandon them, of course Shimon understood what this meant. Wasn't he the one doing the exact thing this entire while what she said, going lengths to protect his sister who lay there sick in the hospital? But this was still different. He wasn't actually being able to protect her. Save her life. It was in the control of the doctors. Now he wished that magical healing potions would be real.
"Hey, we should get to class now, the bell for second class just rang." Her voice again brought him back to earth.
He turned towards her and saw her smiling with her eyes glistening because of the sunlight. The rain had stopped. She got up.
"You go ahead, I'll be there in a while." She nodded and went ahead.
'Thank you Mayura... For making me feel better.'
He was astonished by her behaviour. Now she was someone who seemed entirely different. So much hope. So much care and affection. She was just so bright.
The colourless void was now starting to fill with bright colours without even him knowing. And instead of the bittersweet melancholic music he could hear the soulful symphony of twin strings.
What is this feeling again?

Was he...falling for her?

—————————————————————————————

Hii readers!!!!
I'm sure you guys would've already guessed at I was talking about Shimon's sister since the very beginning?
Yeah it's actually obvious.
But looks like someone has started to develop feeling ~~~^_^
Anyway cyaa till next chapter.
Comment plz!!💞💞💞