Fun with Brownies

"We should celebrate." Tommy said. Olivia just raised her eyebrow and started at her brother. Tommy ran over to his jacket and pulled out a sandwich sized bag. All the bottom..a couple onces of weed. Olivia's mouth dropped. "What?"

"Are you kidding me?" Olivia stood looking at her brother. He just shrugged his shoulders and a goofy smile.

"There were a few perks to being Evil."

"You weren't evil. And we can't smoke it."

"We'll eat it. Digging in the pantry Tommy found a box of questionable brownie mixed. It couldn't have been old enough to be a problem. Olivia stepped in, being the baker of the duo, to make the mix while he worked on infusing the butter and on the strong side. William was still set to be with Rasia for another night but Oliver and Felicity wouldn't be home till later. So both continued sticking the mixture in the oven before Olivia washed the dishes trying to leave no trace.

"So..." Tommy finished drying the last bowl and put it away in the cabinet. "I've been meaning to ask. How did you get me out of it? Get me out of my own head?"

"In the future, I..." Olivia held her breath. Just remembering the day made her heart ache. "I go see this physic. She was hit with the first dark matter wave. I found here in this time. She told me I had to allow myself to connect with others. That I was stronger, you and I were stronger together."

"I remember your voice in my head. I remember your memories being shown to me."

"Yeah. I knew you where in there." Olivia poked her brothers forehead. "I knew what would make you come out."

"Thing is, I tried doing the same to you. I'm guessing you haven't heard or seen anything."

"What are you saying?"

"Even with my ability to make anything I want to appear or Disappear. Build or Break. Mild to my own imagination. I can't send anything to you mentally like you did to me."

"Like a new power? Or an extension of my power."

"I learned about them while I was with Gillard." Tommy let Olivia finish the dishes and set them to dry in the dishwasher. "They're connected to who we are. You have a shield because you shut people out. You turn invisible because you wish you were. Barry's always been running towards something. And every other meta we've run across. But you being able to get in peoples head because is probably can't get out of your own." Olivia thought about it.

Tommy's powers allowed him to do anything he wanted. Even mimic Olivias own powers. Mimicking powers waisted more energy making him tired, really fast. Olivia didn't want to believe she could do something her brother couldn't. The timer went off making Olivia avoid the rest. She got the brownies out and let them cool down. It still was hardly noon and Olivia wanted nothing more than get high. She wasn't a stranger to it and a part of her missed it.

When they where ready she grabbed herself a paper towel and a few squares of brownies. While she ate her second, Tommy was on his third. "You're really an amazing baker. We need to do this more when we get home."

"We are home."

"Nope, our own time, in the house, oooo are we still in the same house?"

"No, we left a year later." Olivia ate the last of her brownie and laid back. Tommy continued onto his 4th. Olivia felt herself floating. Laying on a couch made of silky clouds not making a sound while her brother continued to just talk. The front door opening and closing made no  effect on Olivia. She allowed herself to float. The world around her fall and leave her in a place surrounded by darkness. She didn't feel like the world wanted her in it, and honestly she didn't want to be in the world.