18

Epilogue

It had been a year since Nathan and Valerie had been married. They were spending their honeymoon up at the family lodge where their relationship started. There was no staff just the two of them. They would be up there for a week without the presence of another living soul. Sitting across a chess board they were playing their favorite type of chess. Valerie was losing, she had nothing left to take off Nathan gave her a secret or challenge questions. She took the secret question. After all the two of them did not have many secrets from each other and after this question she was sure there not even be this one.

"Tell me one of your secrets."

She sat bare to him and smiled.

"Does it have to be a secret or something I know that you do not?"

"Nathan laughed she was stalling.

"Either way."

"I guess the only thing I was waiting to tell you was you will be a father in six months."

At first it did not register in his brain, but when he did he was pulling her out of the chair and carrying her up to the master bedroom they had a lot to celebrate. They were going to be parents, and he was determined they would be the best parents in the entire world. They would have a house full of children and love. They would be a happy family.