A hunters skill

We had started hunting with fishing down at the lake first, me being able to catch them easily, yet laughing every time that Levi or Jean failed horribly even with their DIY fish nets and poles.

"Dammit, stop laughing!" Jean was covered from head to toe in water and mud, while Levi still remained spotless.

I shifted quickly and grabbed a fish by the tail, throwing it over my shoulder and smiling victoriously.

"Give up! You obviously know that girls are officially better than men!" I smiled, placing my hands on my hips.

At that moment the sound of loud thumping sounded from our right, and we barely had time to scramble out of the way of an incoming Titan, hiding up behind a tree and watching with wide eyes as it let itself wander into the large body of water.

The thing stood there for a moment, looking around before leaning down, cupping it's hands together and letting them fill with water, bringing his hands up in a fast motion to splash himself in the face.

It continued with the action of splashing and washing himself, not yet noticing our awe astounded figured in the back.

I looked over at the two as Jean almost like his souls descended from his body, and Levi... he looked like someone had just murdered his parents right i front of his own eyes.

He was... terrified.

I looked back, noting that it wasn't there. I stood in confusion, my brows scrunched until I turned to my left, and the beastly face was gaping right in front of me, smiling down at me like a kid going through his bag of Halloween candy.

I yelled in shock and backed away, shifting and getting myself into a protective stance in front of the two boys, growling, snarling and making my fur stand on end.

"L-Levi... w-we should get g-going." Jean was hesitant, staring wide eyed and mouth gaping at how close I had been to the creature without it having eaten me yet.

The Titan slowly lowered its hand, holding it flat out onto the ground as if trying to lear me into a cage.

It wasn't making any advances to attack us, just looking down at us with curiosity.

I slowly walked forward, despise the boys say I'm not going, and say myself comfortably into his hand, bracing myself when he lifted his hand to his face, looking at me closely.

His other hand came up, his pointer finger pointing up at the sky until he brought it down apon my back, gently running up and down my back and through my fur, scratching the top of my head at some points.

I purred in delight, my right leg thumping up and down at a fast motion.

The thing made a gurgling noise and stopped, lowering me back to the ground and letting me jump safely off, turning around and disregarding my friends. He walked back into the water, and Wade's through it until he was at the other side, continuing his hike.

My tail wagged and my youngest rolled, but when I turned to the boys they had looked as if they would bury me alive if I were a mere stranger.

"(Y/n), what the fuCK WAS THAT?!" Jean backed away from me, hands running through his hair and smacking himself in the face multiple times.

Levi nodded, turning to me and (despite his character) sitting down in the dirt and looking up at my with a raised eyebrow.

I shrugged, shifting back and holding my arm.
"I don't know... I just felt safe. It didn't attack you afterwards, so be happy you're alive and stop questioning me! I don't have answers." I crossed my arms, watching as Jean slowly walked towards me and walked around me, making sure I wasn't broken.

"You didn't eat anything weird, did you?"

"No! Of course not! I haven't eaten in two days you dumbass!"

Levi stood and grabbed my hand, gently leading us back to our fish catch and grabbing it, all three of us making our way back to camp silently.

*****

"What the fuCK DO YOU MEAN THAT A TITAN PICKED HER UP AND DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO EAT YOU?!?!"