-20-

Song-Fic - "I've Never Planned on You" from Newsies the Musical

-:-:-:-

Bucky was sitting down at the bar area of the lounge in the Avengers facility with Steve. Tony had organized a little party celebrating the anniversary of the Avengers officially being formed. Girls had been flirting around Bucky the whole night, and he was flirting right back.

Since getting a majority of his memories back, Bucky became more of the "ladies man" that he was back in the 40's. Bucky was just finishing up talking to a blonde girl, when Steve and Sam were giving him a knowing look.

"What?" Bucky asked.

"Barnes, you've been flirting with girls all night!" Steve told him.

"And?" Bucky was confused.

"You should probably tone it down a bit." Steve said to his best friend.

Bucky rolled his eyes. "Whatever Steve."

After a little bit, Natasha walked over to the three guys. But she wasn't alone. She was with a girl with curled h/c hair, e/c eyes, and a f/c dress with heels and light makeup and jewelry.

"Hey guys," Natasha began. "I would like to introduce you to, y/n l/n. She's a friend of mine from the CIA."

"It's nice to meet you, y/n." Steve said as he shook her hand.

"You too, Captain Rogers." y/n said politely.

Steve chuckled. "Just Steve is fine."

Y/n smiled and looked at Bucky. He looked at her with his blue eyes.

I've got no use for moonlight

Or sappy poetry...

She was absolutely breathtaking. Sure Bucky had seen many other beautiful girls around the party, but all of them had makeup caked onto their faces. However, y/n had barely any makeup on and looked more beautiful than any of the girls in the room.

"I'm Bucky Barnes. It's nice to meet you, y/n." Bucky introduced as he held out his hand for her hand to shake.

Y/n smiled. "You too, Bucky."

Love at first sight's for suckers

At least it used to be...

After a few minutes of talking, y/n and natasha went over to another part of the room to socialize. But even after they left, Bucky couldn't stop looking at y/n. She was just so pretty and smart, he didn't deserve her.

"I see you got eyes for y/n." Steve said, taking Bucky out of his trance.

Bucky looked at Steve. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Deny it all you want, Buck." Steve said. "I know you like her."

Look girls are nice

Once or twice

'Til I find someone new...

As the night went on, more girls continued to try to flirt with Bucky, but he wasn't as interested as he was before. He originally thought that love at first sight was for helpless romantics, but now, Bucky was one of them.

Y/n walked over to the bar to get a drink. She ordered her drink and sat down. Y/n looked to her right and she saw Bucky sitting a few seats from her, looking at her.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." y/n chuckled.

Bucky's face went as red as a tomato. "Oh, uh, sorry. I was just, um, zoning out."

"Sure..." y/n stood up and sat in the barstool beside Bucky. "So, you're Steve's best friend right? The one that everyone thought was dead for 70 years and then turned up as an assassin for HYDRA?"

Bucky nodded. "Yeah..."

Y/n smiled gently at him. "There's no need to be ashamed about it. I know that everything that you did wasn't your fault."

Bucky smiled at y/n. "Thanks. That means a lot."

"Don't mention it."

But I ain't never planned on someone

Like you...

-:-:-:-

Hi guys! I hope y'all enjoyed this Newsies song-fic! Make sure to comment on what you want to see next! -Nicole :)