-16-

Song-Fic - request from @HorseGirlMH04

"Song: A Thousand Years

How about Y/n knew Bucky before the war. She is Steve's sister, and loved Bucky. And was crushed when she found out that he had died! Time skip to Civil War. Steve asked Bucky to tell him only Bucky would know, he looked at y/n and says I have always loved her, y/n looks at Steve confused and Steve says yep, it's Buck."

-:-:-:-

Heart beats fast colors

And promises, how to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

Bucky, Steve, and y/n walked into the World's Fair the night before Bucky was supposed to leave for England. Bucky had brought along two girls, one for him and one for Steve. Y/n was left to be alone. Steve and Bucky were best friends, but since y/n was Steve's twin sister, she was a part of the friend group as well.

They would never keep secrets from each other. They would tell each other everything and anything. Except one thing. Since their sophomore year of high school, y/n has had a giant crush on Bucky, but she never told him in fear that it would ruin their friendship.

Y/n now watched in sadness as she saw some brunette on his left arm when they walked around the fair. She trailed behind with Steve.

"Hey, what's wrong, n/n?" he asked.

"Nothing, I just feel kinda left out is all." y/n told her twin.

Steve let out a laugh. "You're telling me. Buck was supposed to bring a gal for me, and now she's all over him when she was supposed to be my date."

Y/n gave Steve a look.

"Sorry, not helping." Steve said, apologetically. "If you're going to tell him how you feel, you better do it tonight because we don't know the next time we'll see him."

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer...

The group was now watching an invention that the millionaire, Howard Stark, had came up with: a flying car. They all watched in awe as the car began to levitate off of the ground, and were then disappointed when it suddenly crashed to the ground.

After watching that, Steve had wandered over to where the enlistment forms were. He kept on trying to enlist, but he didn't make the requirements. Bucky was standing with the girls and y/n wanted to go over to him and tell him how he felt so bad, she just didn't know how. You can do this, y/n, she thought, This may be the only chance you have.

Y/n took a deep breath and began to walk over to Bucky, but just as she got over to him, he started going over to talk to Steve. She sighed and gave up internally. Y/n knew that she didn't have the strength to tell Bucky, especially right before he was about to leave.

She saw Bucky give Steve a hug before walking back over to the girls. He looked at y/n.

"Hey, y/n, you comin'?" he asked, with both girls on his arms.

Y/n shook her head. "Nah, you seem to have your hands full."

Bucky gave her a sad smile and walked over to her as the girls let go of him. "Well, I'm going to miss you, n/n."

"I'll miss you too, Buck." y/n responded.

The two friends embraced, knowing that this was going to be the last time they'd see each other in a long time.