-15-

One-Shot - Request from marvelfan88

"Bucky and the reader are married and he surprises her by coming back from a mission early."

Basic info:

f/b - favorite band

-:-:-:-

Y/n woke up without the warmth of her husband, Bucky next to her in bed. She sat up, confused as she saw a neon yellow sticky note on his pillow. Y/n picked it up and read over her husband's familiar handwriting. 

"On a mission with Steve and Sam. Should be home this evening.

Love, Bucky-Bear"

Y/n set the note down sadly, disappointed that she couldn't spend time with her husband. Y/n got up and walked groggily into the small kitchen. She made herself some breakfast and ate it as she watched the television. As she finished her food, y/n got a text from Natasha.

Natasha: Hey, y/n! Do you wanna go to brunch with Wanda and I at the café down the street from your place?

Y/n: Totally! I'll be there in 15 minutes!

Natasha: 👍🏻

Y/n put her dishes in the sink and went to get ready to go. She brushed her teeth and hair and then did her makeup. Y/n then got dressed in a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt with a red flannel tied around her waist. She put on some shoes, got her purse, and walked out the front door.

She drove over to the café and saw Natasha and Wanda standing in front of it, waiting for her. Y/n got out of the car and walked over to them.

"Hey guys!" y/n greeted her two best friends.

"Y/n! You made it!" Wanda said, hugging her.

Y/n smiled and hugged her friends. "I feel like I haven't seen you guys in a while."

"Yeah, we've been pretty busy lately." Natasha told her.

Y/n nodded. "I understand. Now, let's get some food!"

The three girls ate and talked the morning away. So much so that when y/n checked her phone for the time, it was eleven thirty.

"Well, I should probably get home." y/n said. "It was great catching up with you guys though!"

"Yeah! We should do this more often!" Wanda suggested.

"Agreed." Natasha seconded.

Y/n smiled. "Well, I'll see you later!"

"Bye!" Natasha and Wanda said simultaneously.

Y/n walked over to her car and began driving back to the apartment complex. On her way there, she couldn't help but worry abou Bucky. For all she knew, he could be on the other side of the country fighting HYDRA. Y/n didn't want Bucky to get hurt, or worse, killed.

She parked her car in the parking garage and walked up the stairs to the apartment. Y/n unlocked the front door and immediately heard some swing music coming from the record player that y/n had gotten Bucky for Christmas a year before.

Y/n raised an eyebrow and looked into the kitchen. She smelled the fresh smell of brownies and saw Bucky in the kitchen with an apron on.

"Bucky?" y/n said, smiling wide.

Bucky turned around. "Hey doll."

Y/n rushed over to him and hugged him tightly. "I thought you had a mission."

"We finished early." Bucky told her. "Plus, I couldn't go the entire day without seeing my beautiful wife."

Y/n smiled and pecked him on the lips, "I love you, Bucky."

"I love you too, y/n."