Part 9-Dream

I had a dream which seemed more like it was a fantasy.

I was walking down a long hallway and I walked pass mirrors and paintings. The mirrors and paintings were odd to me. As I looked at my reflection in each mirror, I saw my reflection but I looked menacing. Then when I went to looking at the paintings, I saw that most of them had a girl being caressed by a strong hand and having fangs. Could that girl be me?

I didn't pay the mirrors and paintings any more attention and continued down the hall.

 I then finally reached to a door and turned the knob slowly. It was a large room with large windows. It had a few tables with flowers and a portrait of a crow hung on the wall. It was a decent for such a large room which didn't had much. I looked down and saw that I was wearing a white ballgown instead of my regular clothes. 

I notice that someone was coming towards me and become unease. I turned out to be Damon.

He was wearing a tuxedo of what appeared to be late nineteenth century. He knelt down and took my hand and kissed it.

He asked me if I like to dance and I told him that I did. He went to take my hand but I pulled away and started to laugh. He accidentally cut himself on the edge of the jewel on a bracelet I wore. He bled a bit and gave me a mischievous look. He offered me his finger where the bled. I held it to my lips and lightly drank from it.

He smiled and than repeated his same question. "Do you like to dance?" I told him yes. 

He took me in his arms and we started to dance. It was thrilling, exciting, and wonderful all at the same time. I never felt so alive at that moment until then.  

He took me close to him and started to lick his lips.

I closed my eyes and waited in anticipation for his kiss

I told Damon how much I enjoyed being with him. That I wanted to always be his vampire lover and friend.  

Abruptly Damon moved away from me. I opened my eyes and wondered why he did that. 

"I'm sorry Adina, but I have to do this

"I'm sorry Adina, but I have to do this."

Than suddenly  I heard a crow caw. I saw that the crow appear out of nowhere that was surrounding me and refused to depart. I called for Damon to help me but nothing happened.

That was when I had awoken and I looked to see that a crow had just flew out of my room. I  then realize that Damon was gone. I laid back in my bed, disappointed that my dream ended by the sound of a raptor.  

 I began to wonder if everything that happened last night was just that, a dream.