Part 4-Why did you chose me?

I woke up to see that I was in a large living room with a fireplace close by. I looked around to see if anyone was home and saw no one. I notice that I was wearing a silk black robe and not and shoes were placed neatly on the large cherry wood table. I heard footstep approaching the living room entrance and begin to look rampantly for the front door. I ran towards it but when it stop by a crow which flew out of no where. I scream and fall and go back to be unconscious. 

An hour later...

I woke up slowly and when I finally open my eye, I saw that Damon was looking at me. "How are you Adina?" I told him I thought I was okay than I asked him where I was. "You're at my home." I asked him what happen to me hours ago because all I remember was sitting on a bench with him. "You and I were talking and you started to feel faint. I didn't know where you live so I brought you here. I called your place and told whoever live with you that you were okay." I thanked him and told him he didn't had to do that. 

He got up and went to the cabinet and started to pour some liquor into a glass

He got up and went to the cabinet and started to pour some liquor into a glass.  I could tell that by the way he drank he loved his liquor.  He finished his glass and responded to my last comment. "I had to. I didn't want anyone thinking you were kidnapped or worst. It was the right thing to do."

He was a gentleman with a kind and thoughtful heart.  Sadly not every guy out there is like that, it made me smile knowing that chivalry wasn't completely dead.

He started up a fire he made in the fireplace and watched it reach its desire length.

 He looked at me with a thoughtful look in his eye. 

"I want you to stay with me. You have to stay with me." I was shocked and asked him why I had to stay with him. 

He than took a deep breath and answered my question.

"Because, I made you into a vampire." My eyes widen with shock. I told him he was crazy and that he didn't know what he was talking about. I said that vampires weren't real and that they were just make believe. 

"You see that ice pick?" I saw a silver ice pick on the cherry wood table. "Try and stab me right now." He really is crazy I thought. "Come on, I don't have all night to wait." Without hesitation, I took the ice pick and stabbed him with it. He didn't groan in pain or bleed. I screamed and started to run when he stopped me in a split second. 

"Don't make this hard for me girl." I didn't know what to do. I was scared out of my wits and just wanted to run. "Look, had I just sprung out of nowhere and told you I wanted to suck your blood I would have done that. But I didn't, well, I did just not the way I wanted to." I strangely found that funny and morbid at the same time. 

 "As you may know, usually once a vampire gets their prey's blood and than leave them to die. But this case it's in the reverse."  I still was trying to fathom all of this.

"I didn't want you to die because... " I tried to finish his sentence in a form of a question. "I didn't want you to die because I want you."  I repeated half of what he said but in paraphrase. 

He just stood there,  didn't move nor said a word

He just stood there,  didn't move nor said a word. "You must be tired. You can stay in the guestroom upstairs." He quickly took my hand and led me upstairs. I still was baffled about why he abruptly changed the subject like that. I didn't bother to ask him again. 

"Here you go. The bathroom is just next door. If there's anything you need, I'll be here in the other room. My brother will be home soon in case you don't see me." 

I walked inside the room and laid my shoes on the floor

I walked inside the room and laid my shoes on the floor. I turned around and notice he was looking at me tensely again. He quickly turned away and started to leave.

"Adina." Yes I said. "You REALLY are a beautiful girl by the way." 

He gave me a smirk than closed the door

He gave me a smirk than closed the door. I felt myself smile as he left after he made that genuine statement.

Half an hour later...

I laid in the guestroom bed. Just thinking about all that he said about what he was and his confession about me. He's a vampire? He really didn't wanted to kill me? He WANTS me the way that I'm thinking he wants me? Oh boy, this is a lot to take in, I better take my mind off this.

I started to look around the guestroom for something to read. I found a copy of 'Gone with the Wind' and began to read it. I heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. It was Damon.

He took my face in his hands and started to kiss me. He broke our kiss and smirked again.

He took my hand and  took me in the bathroom and told me undress. He helped me undress and started to kiss my back. He turned on the knobs and helped me inside the shower. As the water fell on my hair, I decided to ask him that same question again. Why he said he didn't want to kill me because he wanted me. "I want you because I chose you." I asked him why he chose me. "I think you were meant to be with me."