Chapter Three

Fast forward to another month, Alex was really close with Rian and Jack, and he'd started talking to the kid from his music, Zack, a lot more.

He was closest with Jack, he spent the most time with him. For no apparent reason, Jack just seemed to be free the most, and he was always online. Neither of them really had lives, so they weren't out a whole lot.

He was pretty close with Rian too, but not quite as much. Obviously he wasn't ridiculously close with them, there was a fair amount of stuff he kept from them. Not for any bad reason, but he'd known them for just over two months. That wasn't really enough time for him to feel comfortable about everything.

And currently, Jack and Alex were sitting in Geography class, discussing how the topics they taught were stupid, how they should teach the kids about the actual map and countries, rather than poverty and natural disasters.

They were just doing their own thing, then some dude Alex had never seen came over, and Jack suddenly went quiet and looked down. Why was Jack being shy? Jack was never shy.

"Aw, Jack's found a boyfriend! How sweet," was all he said, but it was in a harsh and mean sounding way, and it made Jack frown. He kept his head down until the kid walked away.

"Sorry... about that," Jack tried to laugh it off, and Alex got that he didn't want to talk about it, so he didn't say anything about it. But that doesn't mean he wasn't ridiculously confused. Why was that kid teasing Jack about being gay?

"It's fine? That kid was a dick, wow," Alex laughed with him, in an attempt to make Jack feel better about it. "What a dumb thing to even tease about..." he muttered, more to himself.

"Yeah. Really dumb. Anyways, what was the question?" Jack dropped the subject, and Alex didn't say anything more about it.

"I literally have no idea, I wasn't listening," Alex pulled a bit of an "oops" face and leaned over to ask one of the girls on their table.

The boys got in trouble for talking so much, and they walked out of the class to go to lunch laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world. It was pretty funny, to be honest.

"Right, where's Rian?" Alex asked through little laughs, as he was finally calming down.

"Well, there's no way he's got a detention. He's never had a detention before, so... he might be getting lunch?" Jack suggested. He quite clearly didn't have a fucking clue where Rian was.

"Tell me why he'd get the school's crappy food when he could bring in something from home, like... spaghetti. He could bring in spaghetti if he really wanted," Alex sat down against a locker and pulled Jack down with him.

"Why would he bring spaghetti when he could bring brownies?" Jack asked with a grin. He was 100% willing to get into a debate about which food was the best.

About ten minutes later, Alex had his head in Jack's lap, for whatever reason, and they were now discussing cake while they waited for Rian.

"But when you have a cake that has like... one layer, then chocolate sauce or something, then another layer of cake... and chocolate icing on the outside," Alex was grinning up at Jack as he talked, he looked quite cute.

Jack couldn't help smiling and making an "mmm" sound, because chocolate cake is amazing. "That sounds fucking amazing, oh my god. I want chocolate cake now, fuck."

"Me too, man. Why'd we talk about that?" Alex groaned loudly through a laugh.

Rian walked through the corridors then, looking kind of pissed off and not noticing how Alex was laying on Jack.