A Fellowship is Formed

Years may have passed, but alas, I have made my return :)

I had no intention of leaving this book unattended to for so long, but life got in the way and I haven't been on Wattpad in AGES. Since life has slowed down for a moment and given me some peace, I have indeed made my return!

Once more, my sincerest apologies!

Let's see if I can still "write"....

The Council of Elrond.
A meeting to decide the fate of an enemy weapon kept safe in Imladris. Many had come, from both far and wide to attend this meeting, to represent their realms and offer aid where they could. Elves, men, dwarves, and even a handful of hobbits, Boromir had overheard, now temporary resided in the elven kingdom, all for the same cause.

Such a dangerous cause. But alas, it is time to be dealt with.

"Bring forth the ring, Frodo."

A sudden voice jarred Boromir from of his
thoughts. A small man, no, a hobbit he soon realized, with a head of dark curls slowly stood from his seat by the grey wizard and shuffled towards a pedestal placed in the center of the courtyard. Upon it he tentatively placed a thick band of pure wrought gold for all to see.

"So it is true....Isildur's Ring."
Boromir hadn't realized he had voiced his awe until heads swiveled to look over at him. Some with the same awe and fear shining in their eyes as he felt in his heart at the sight of the ring. While others looked to him with hesitance and suspicion of his antics.

A sudden urge came over him. A need to share a dream he had dreamt while in the elven home. His dreams while in this place, though peaceful as it was, had been dark and mysterious as of late.

"In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark. In the west, a pale light lingered. A voice was crying 'your doom is near at hand. Isildur's bane is found.' "
During this time he stood, his eyes on the band of gold before them all.
Such a strange thing...it seems to be whispering, talking to him.

Boromir

"Isildur's bane..."

What was this? A trick of his mind, caused from the uneasiness of his sleep?
Though he didn't trust the voice, still he crept closer, getting a better look.

Just a better look, that's all...

"Boromir!"
Lord Elrond's stern tone did not deter the trance the Gondorian captain seemed to be in, and only vaguely did he notice the elderly man cloaked in grey rise from his seat with a staff in his grip.

"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul," he began to chant.

"Ash nazg thrakatulû."
All around the council elves winced and closed their eyes in discomfort, while dwarves and men yelled out in surprise.
This woke Boromir up.
He stumbled back and raised his hand up towards his head as if a headache had suddenly overcome him.
A darkness had crept across the sky and into the grove, and faint rumbling filled their ears.

"Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
Just as soon as it had been brought upon them, it all began to fade as the wizard Gandalf lowered his arms and staff.

A quiet overcame the council as they recovered their senses.

"Never before has anyone uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris," Elrond spoke curtly at last.