I Feel You | Connor Kenway

loosely based on that one scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier ;)

———————

The chatter of the busy market surrounded and enveloped you into the bustling area, picking up an apple at a random vendor and inspecting the red fruit with supposed interest. In reality, you didn't care about the apple, you were just listening in on a thief's conversation with another man and had to look like you were going to buy the delicious apple. "We move tonight, James. You need to be ready." The other man said, and you furrowed your eyebrows as you peered around to look at the men for a moment. They couldn't see your face even if they were looking at you because of your hood, which gave you some reassurance that you were still concealed. You peeked around to look for Connor, quickly spotting him looking around a corner and watching the target talk to the man. You knew he could hear them too, since his head tilted sideways and his eyebrows furrowed together too at the mention of them 'moving tonight.'

Connor glanced over at you, and the edges of your lips lifted slightly in a barely there smile before turning your attention back to the conversation. "I know, Ben. All my men are prepared to storm the treasury." James told the other man you now knew as Ben, your eyes widened at hearing the men were going to storm the town treasury and steal the people's gold. Man, these guys were taking the meaning of 'thief' a little too far. Apparently they attracted the attention of a few guards with their overly confident statement, seeing James' and Ben's eyes widen before turning and walking away at what was an attempt to be all nonchalant. Connor and you moved at the same time, hearing the clanking of the guards weapons as they walked behind you. You could tell Connor activated his eagle vision in order to keep the targets in sight, struggling to keep up with Connor's fast pace.

You and Connor turned a corner into an alleyway, the guards deciding they had better things to do than follow you and walked away, and the thief's resumed their conversation freely now that the guards were gone. You and Connor followed behind them silently, your footsteps making no noise as you walked. The targets began giving the details of their plans, like when they were going to attack, how many men they had, where they would be placed, their weapons, etc. They were practically screaming to be taken down by an assassin, or at least a guard. They had finished up talking about the heist before you knew it, and Ben turned and walked away as James kept going towards an unknown destination. You and Connor watched as he walked closer to a woman, grabbed her coin purse without her knowing, and kept going like nothing happened. A group of Redcoats just so happened to see what he did, and quickly began to make their way over to him for questioning. They must have saw you and Connor with all your weapons and guns attached to the both of you following behind James, because they shouted "OI!" at you both, and your eyes widened as you realized they were talking to you and the Native Assassin.

"Oh, crap." You said, and Connor must not have noticed the guards heading towards you both because he just kept following James like nothing was wrong. You saw the opening of an alleyway, and tugged on Connor's arm to tug him into it and pulled his body close to yours. Connor's eyes widened like saucers at your sudden actions, and a deep red blush settled on his dark cheeks. "What-What are you doing, Y/N?" He whispered under his breath, you having to strain to hear him over the guards footsteps as they came closer to the alleyway. You internally panicked for a second, but then remembered something Achilles had taught you long ago. It was a little risky, considering what you were about to ask him to do could potentially change you and Connor's relationship forever.

"Kiss me." You quietly blurted, watching as Connor froze in his place. You looked up at his tall form through your eyelashes, he gazed almost adoringly down at you in surprise at what you had asked. "Wh-What?" He softly said, confusion written on his face as he still tried to process what you had said. You were very limited on time, the footsteps of the heavily armed guards growing closer to your position and making your heart race. If he didn't kiss you right now, you and Connor would be found by the guards and probably taken to jail.

"Connor, we don't have time for this. Kiss me." You repeated more urgently this time, and he still stood dumbstruck as he looked down at you. He had obviously never been in this position before, his eyes still wide as he looked as if he didn't know what to do. "Christ." You muttered under your breath before tugging his face down to meet your awaiting lips by his coat collar. Connor was still frozen as if there were glue in his veins keeping him held to one spot, but he eventually must have snapped out of it and hesitantly moved his hands to rest on the wall behind you, your eyes fluttered closed as his warm lips began to work against yours. Your hands moved to wrap around his neck, standing on your tippy toes in order to match his height. Connor brought his hands from the wall and set them on your hips, giving them a squeeze. You pushed yourself into Connor, trying to get as close to him as possible. The guards must have looked into the alley and saw you two, because you heard them mutter an 'oh my' and keep walking past the entrance. You went to pry your lips away from his, but Connor wished to keep going and held you in place by your hips.

His hands moved up your sides, to your ribcage where his thumbs sat dangerously close to your chest. You felt his hands move down to your lower back to press your bodies together even more, blushing madly at the close contact before entangling your hands into his silky dark hair. He let out a soft moan as your hands scratched at the nape of his neck, finding that the sons was sweeter than any song you'd ever heard. You eventually needed air and slowly pulled out from the kiss to look Connor in the eyes. His eyes were still closed, but they eventually opened when he realized you were staring at him. You were both breathing heavily and still in the same position as you were before, your bodies molded together and his hands resting at the small of your back, your hands tangled into his ebony hair. He cleared his throat to try to cover up his embarrassment, you having to look away from his strong gaze, a little embarrassed yourself.

Instead, you decided to focus your attention on the scar on his cheek. He had told you that he got it in a fight, a piece of glass cutting him and leaving the mark. He said he hated it, but you had always loved it. It made him unique, more so than he already was. Coming from a Native mother and a British father must have been hard on him during his childhood, and you could tell when you looked into his eyes the hardships he had went through to get where he was today. Your hand moved to his cheek, caressing the scar and heart melting when Connor leaned into your touch. You reached up and placed a gentle kiss to the rough yet smooth skin there, seeing him smile lightly, loving the feeling of your smooth skin on his. You smiled at his reaction, before placing your forehead on his. His breathing slowed, and his eyes closed while he enjoyed the peaceful moment. Never had you seen Connor so peaceful in the years you had known him. But with you, you were different. You made him complete.

And all you felt was him.

———————