Chapter 5: A Punishment Well Deserved

Start from the beginning

"I'm not wasting an entire two hours," Bakugou announced, digging through his tote of supplies to break out a bottle of blue liquid and a rag. One spritz of the cleaner to the window, a squeaky chime to fill the room thereafter.

"I'm taking my time... Just to let you know," you sighed. Just watching Bakugou get right to work on shining up those windows fogged up with handprints and such. Bakugou didn't pay mind to your comment, either he was too focussed on the job at hand that he missed it or he was downright ignoring you. No surprise whatsoever... So you went right ahead to work, only to stop right away.

"Crap..." You muttered biting your bottom lip. "B-Bakugou can I get a hand?" You asked rather sheepishly as you were known best.

"What?" Bakugou hissed, still at work.

You rested a hand atop the face of a desk. "Can you help me move the desks to one side of the room so I can sweep and mop easier?" You expected a flat out no, instead the blonde sat down his bottle of window cleaner and rag atop the window sill and spun around, taking a desk into his possession. "Thank you!" You exclaimed, quickly taking a desk into your hands to follow his lead.

"I just want to go home..." Bakugou grumbled under his breath.

"I... Don't," you admit painfully.

"Why, do you like chores or something?" Bakugou asked in a mocking sort of way. It were more an insult than a question, and you knew that too. Just something within you said you couldn't leave his question unanswered.

"Well... May I ask why you want to go home so badly?" That question of yours earned glares from the blonde that sent shivers to rack your spine.

"Cause I don't want to be stuck at school cleaning all night..." Bakugou hissed.

"Makes sense..." You let the conversation go. An hour later you both were still working in the same classroom. You wondered how Aizawa expects you both to clean three classrooms in less than two hours. Yeah not happening. You just finished up moping, setting the stringy mop head back into it's rolly bucket before stepping out for a bathroom break. Coming back into the classroom, you poked Bakugou on his backside.

"What bit-" Bakugou half shouts spinning around. He cut himself off as he saw you held a full bottle of water dripping with condensation, gestering it to none other than himself. "Um... Thanks," Bakugou eased up, taking the bottle into his hand. You grinned faintly, before stepping away to sit against the wall. That faint grin Bakugou once saw were no longer existent. Clearly something's been eating at you, might it have explained your hostility you exhibited just this morning in that fight.

"Talk," Bakugou spoke up.

"Huh?"

"Talk," Bakugou repeated, taking a huge gulp of his bottle of water. "It's pathetic how nice you can be then the next second you're a depressed bipolar piece of trash," one insult after another, you bit your tongue. "If telling me what's going on helps you out then I'll listen... Just don't expect anything nice to come out of my mouth."

"Oh Bakugou..." You were astonished to his heartfelt offer. "Are you sure you're okay with me talking to you about... Personal stuff?" Yeah there was no other easy way to say that.

"I'm tired of sitting here in silence while we work so why not," there was a subtle hint of sarcasm in his voice. But the offer spoke millions to you. He was the first person to ever willingly hear you out.

"You don't understand how much your offer means to me-"

"Just get talking before I block you out," Bakugou snapped, taking yet another intake of his water. Now the bottle were half empty.