Chapter 5: A Punishment Well Deserved

Start from the beginning

“What!?” Bakugou snapped.

“Y-Yeah what!?” You gasped.

“You two fought at the front gates of the school, nearly killed each other, and now the gates need to be replaced. What caused the fighting you two?” Aizawa glared at the two of you, disappointment clearly overcoming him. He were ashamed to call himself a teacher at this very moment and well… Could anyone blame him? Aizawa was imagining Bakugou and your own fight on the front page of the newspaper, maybe even the headliner on the new channel. So much bad publicity for UA…

Silence filled the room, your head turned slightly to find that Bakugou was festering in his own anger but also hurt? By the way his cheeks were slightly puffed out shown that he were biting his tongue. But why?

“I taunted Bakugou to an extent,” you spoke up. Bakugo shot you the wildest looks. “I shoved him, although I consider it more a punch. So… I started it,” coming clean didn’t make you feel better in the slightest.

“The hell are you talking about!?” Bakugou growled. “Bitch you punched me but I suggested the fight!”

“Bakugou… Let it go,” you sighed. “I’m to blame. I came to school when I wasn’t emotionally stable. I punched and taunted you Bakugou. And Yes… You suggested the fight and I could’ve just walked away but instead I played along with it thinking nothing could get worse than it already is…” Everyone, Bakugou, Aizawa, Mic, Nezu, they were all astonished that you just took the entire blame without a thought. Bakugo almost spoke out against you, instead he held back realizing you probably just saved him from becoming expelled from his school of dreams.

“(Y/n)...” Aizawa slumped forwards. “That was the last thing I wanted to hear...”

“I’m sorry Mr. Aizawa,” You apologized.

“Thank you for coming clean (Y/n) Yagi,” Nezu thanked you dearly, in which you bowed your head. “Based on Aizawa’s reaction, I take this destructive behavior isn’t your usual. And might I recall you said you weren’t emotionally stable correct?”

“Yes sir…” You sigh.

“We can talk about that at a different date, for now, I have decided to let you both off the hook with one night’s detention,” Nezu hummed with glee. Bakugou were mumbling curses under his breath yet he were expecting some sort of punishment from minute one. Nezu continued, “you both will resume school as usual, and serve detention after school cleaning classrooms for two hours with Aizawa to watch over you both to ensure no more fights break out.”

“Yes Sir…” You and Bakugou mumbled in unison.

-----

The bell for school to dismiss for the day had came and left like the rise and fall of the sun each and every day. Your classmates packed up their belongings before strolling out of the classroom with smiles plastered across their faces overcame with joy to return home. And then there was you and Bakugou, having no other choice but to remain seated at your desks until the last student had made his depart. Aizawa were just waking up from a rather long nap after having the entire class read a hero's booklet of dos and don'ts for the rest of the school day. He would've kept sleeping, but he had you and Bakugou to take care of.

There was an annoyed groan to leave the teacher's chest, "You both will start in our classroom," Aizawa announced the second he retrieved a broom tucked under his left arm and a tote of cleaning supplies held in the opposite from behind his spacious desk. The drowsy man held them out to you both, in which you took the broom while Bakugou went ahead to take the supplies into his possession. "I really shouldn't say this, but I'll let you both go home early if and only if you both can work together and successfully clean three rooms. Bicker once, and you both will stay the entire two hours. Understand?" Aizawa explained how he'll run the detention. You and Bakugou gave each other that glance of pure thrilled understanding. The one time you both agreed to something, might you say it felt great.