I acted normal and got myself and the back cleaned up. If no one knows the show will go on without a hitch. I can't cancel on fans. I go up front and get a bottle of water. I already broke a sweat. Phillip notices and comes over.
"Kare you okay? Your sweating."
"Yeah. Just really warm in here."
"It's moderate temperature."
"It's the pregnancy Phil. It makes me hotter from all this extra weight and work I need to do to move around"
"Then why don't you come sit." I feel a contraction coming on and I can't let them see me.
"I would. But I have to pee now." He lets me by and I go into the bathroom and shut the door. I lean forward with my hands on the sink rim and squeeze it. I don't make a noise and it wasn't too bad for a contraction. They'll get worst though. I'll Time them. I look at my phone and I remember the time. I leave the bathroom and go back to the front with Phillip.
"I think I'm just gonna lay down Phil. Thanks for the seat though."
"No problem Kare. Get some rest. Won't be long til you have another bundle of joy in your arms." I smile and mumble
"Yeah. Sooner than ya think."
"What was that?"
"Hopefully soon. Can't wait to finally hold her."
"Yeah.." he watches me and I smile and walk to the back. I think he's catching on. He is gonna figure it out.

I'm in the back for almost an hour playing on my phone. I feel another contraction start coming. I hold the couch seats breathe through it and once it's over I check my phone. 47 minutes. Not too much time to mess around but possibly enough to get through without errors. I hear Someone open the door. I look up and see Kim.
"Hey. Phillip said you were sweating earlier and acting weird. Just came to check on the mother to be again."
"I'm good. Never better."
"Okay, what's wrong?"
"Nothin. I'm fine."
"Karen when you said never better, which you never say in your life. Something is up. What is it?"
"Please promise me you won't freak out and you won't tell no one until I'm ready."
"What is it?"
"Promise me Kim."
"Karen your health is more important. Tell me."
"Promise me."
"Fine I Promise."
"I'm in labour."
"You're in lab-" I cover her mouth.
"Shhh. I just said don't tell anyone until I'm ready and you wanna shout it out for the world to hear."
"Karen we need to tell Jimi and get you to the hospital."
"They're 47 minutes apart. They would just keep me there and in bed rest til I'm dilated. If I stay here I can move around and do stuff."
"Karen you're in labour. This is serious. You're a month away from your due date."
"It's not that bad."
"There could be serious complications."
"Stop thinking the worst!"
"Sorry I just don't want another Elijah birth happening"
"Elijah birth? Really? Is that what you all call it?"
"Karen you almost died."
"I did Kim. My heart stopped, remember."
"Yeah. And we don't want that to happen again. Do you remember Jimi after he heard your heart stop? He was over protective for a long time."
"Yeah I'm fine though."
"If something happens. I am gonna say I told you so."
"I get it. I'll tell when I'm ready. Just please go along with it for now. Please."
"Karen... you're asking me something that could put you and your baby's life at risk..."
"Please Kim. As soon as something is wrong I'll say something. Just please."
"Okay fine... but I'm always with you in case."
"Okay. That's fair."

We got to the venue. Kim hasn't left my side. She's been helping me through the contractions. They aren't bad yet and they are still near 40 minutes apart. We get ready for sound check and are on stage. Everything is goin good and my last contraction was 15 minutes ago. We sing and move around and I get through sound check without and issue, during a song break about 40 minutes through I had another contraction but It was okay. We just finished the last song and Kim told the guys to go ahead and that she needed my help with something. She waits until everyone leaves and brings me to a chair.
"Thanks..."
"Karen I feel awful about not tellin anyone."
"It's okay, I'm doin Fine. They're still 40 minutes apart, they just need to stay far apart until after the show."
"Karen you know that ain't gonna happen."
"I know... but the fans..."
"Will have to come back on a rescheduled date. You need to have this baby and we can move the date."
"They'll be crushed..."
"I know it sucks being put in this position. Please Karen, you're high risk and anything can happen."
"Okay... go get Jimi. I just need to sit for a while. I was standing too long."
"Okay. I'll be right back." I nod and watch her go.

I sit and wait for a few minutes and our guitarist comes over as I'm breathing through the beginning of a contraction.
"Hey, you okay Karen?"
"I'm in labour."
"Oh! What can I do?" I open my mouth to tell him but I end up yelling and jerking forward.
"Ahhhhh!"
"Okay, breathe, it's okay. You're not alone." He moves beside me and rubs my back and takes my hand. I hold it and get through the contraction.
"Thank you..."
"Don't worry about it. Where is everyone?"
"Kim went to get Jimi... she's been gone for a while..."
"Okay maybe I should go find them."
"No! Please don't leave me alone..."
"I won't... I'm here."
"I'm okay..." I breathe and I'm back to myself. "We can go now. Just help me."
"You wanna move?"
"Walking is suppose to help."
"Okay. Let's go."

He helps me up and I have to hold onto him. I'm weak and sore and leans on him as I walk. He doesn't seem to mind. We walk until I'm off the stage and almost to the door and I get another contraction. I stop and lean forward. Our band member holds me up.
"I have to sit, it hurts..."
"Okay. Lean on me and I'll lower you"
I do as he says and he lowers me to the ground. I immediately turn my face into him and grab on his shirt. It's the nearest thing and he just holds me close.
"Breathe through it... you're okay."

I hear footsteps run over and people pull me towards them and away from my band member. I hear Jimi's voice.
"I got it from here. You can go now."
"Okay... sorry Jimi. Just trying to help."
"You've done enough. You should have stayed where she was." I get a sharp pain from the contraction.
"Aahhh!"
"Karen! It's okay baby."
"Somethings wrong... it hurts!"
"It's okay baby... the ambulance is almost here." Jimi pulls me close so I'm laying pretty much on him so I'm off the floor.

The ambulance shows up after a few more contractions. Jimi comes with me and we go to the hospital where they take me in rooms without Jimi.