Thirty || Proceed With Caution

Start from the beginning

"Suspect is possibly a large animal."

Allison's brows furrowed, following the crackling voice from the scanner around the corner.

"Unit 5 to dispatch, I'm turning the corner on Lincoln. Suspect is no longer loping but running."

Allison stopped against the wall, out of sight from the source. She recognized Deputy Clark's voice, immediately followed by the desk-manning officer.

"10-4. Unit 5, clarify running."

"Two legs, moving fast," Deputy Clark confirmed.

"Copy. What's your speed?"

"45 to 50. Advise that suspect is too large to be human."

"10-4. Unit 5, back off and maintain eyes. Dispatch to all units, be on the lookout for a suspicious bipedal animal."

"Unit 5 to dispatch, advise coming up on Taft. The animal is back on all fours and-" Deputy Clark shouted, tires screeching. "Holy-"

Just as Allison leaned in around the corner, Sheriff Stilinski grabbed another headset. "Unit 5, it's Stilinski. Report."

"10-4, Sheriff," Clark said with heavy breaths. "Suspect just leapt over my car. Corner of Union, heading north toward Beacon Hills High School. Confirm. Back on all fours."

"10-4," the dispatcher said, "can you give its 20?"

"In my rearview mirror," Clark replied. "Coming right toward me. Advise suspect is - Oh my God!"

"Clark, back off!" Stilinski shouted.

A crash boomed over the system, startling both the dispatcher and the Sheriff.

Stilinski pulled off his headset, eyes finding Allison peering around the corner. He pointed a finger sharply at the teen. "How long have you been there?"

Allison stepped out from behind her cover, sucking in her bottom lip for a moment. "Long enough to be concerned."

"You're coming with me."

The dispatcher picked up the full-unit mic, pulse racing. "All available units to Beacon Hills High School. Proceed with caution."

Stilinski and Allison ran out of the station at full speed, soon launching the patrol car to the high school.

"Do you have any idea what it could be?" asked Noah as the SUV pulled into the parking lot.

"Unfortunately, I have no idea what to expect from this town anymore."

Allison and Stilinski hopped out of the car, looking around the empty parking lot.

"Let's go," Noah told Allison, the pair running into the high school.

"God, I hate this place at night," she murmured.

Stilinski skidded down another hallway, Allison close behind. "Clark!" he shouted, footfall heavy.

Deputy Clark ran around the corner, nearly crashing into Noah.

"Sheriff," she panted, "my car. It's wrecked. I'm sorry, it's probably totaled. I ran half a mile to get here, trying to follow the...the thing."

Stilinski's brows furrowed, reaching a hand out and tilting the deputy's head to reveal blood at her temple. "Hey, hey forget about the car. Insurance will cover it."