Chapter 31

As I finished the letter to Derek I couldn't help but think to myself I keep falling in love with you and each time is harder than the last. Every time the feelings gets deeper, more complete, more bewitching. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do to keep you safe. Don't ever think you have to ask for my affection because you don't, and you never did. The more love I give you the more I have bursting inside of me... crazy, huh? The more love we share the more it multiplies. I wish I could say the same of these chocolate raisins...

I came to you like a hurricane, everything that once held me in place ripped away. I was raw, hurting and you were patient, caring, no matter what. The love you showed was a new thing to me, though I'd given it to others I'd never felt it poured over me like a salve. I'd been aware of my love for you since we were kids, but in those precious moments, in those times you picked me up and set me back in my feet, it magnified. Yet the love burns too hot, consumes me, and so I must quiet the flames, bring them to a warmth that can be sustained. The fuel of new romance should only be affection, caring, love - never the fear of being alone. So let me grow strong, let me loose that fear. Then we have a better foundation, a footing that can last.  

Some nights, I wished I lived in the country. Living in the city meant more people were out and about at night, cars drove around with their headlights on, businesses lit their fluorescent signs, I couldn't take it. I wanted to see the dark blanket we called the sky littered with twinkling stars. I wanted shooting stars to be a normal thing. The beauty of the night sky is always masked by the artificial lights and airplanes soaring across. For just one night, all I wanna see is the moon and a sky full of stars.  But that is the best time to be able to reflect on the things that mean a lot to me. My children, my best friend Tanner and most of all the new friends that I have made in the last couple of months that I have been here in Fayetteville. 

Some people say that you cant find love right out of an abusive marriage. But that is on the contrary. You can find love. It maybe the wrong time but the right time.