Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"You are mine, Audrey," Ance growled against her mouth. "So wet and hot for me." 

Audrey could only whimper in agreement because it was true. She was a quivering, overheated mess and wanted nothing more than to let Ance have his way with her. 

Audrey bucked against his hand as Ance hooked his finger and began to tease that magic spot within her. Audrey was nearly ashamed at just how wet she grew, at how wantonly she moaned against his mouth, at the way her body rode his hand eagerly..... She was nearly ashamed of these things but not quite. There was far too much pleasure clouding her mind for anything like shame to have a place there. 

Audrey felt herself rising higher as Ance lowered his lips to her neck and then her shoulder. He suckled hard, nipping her for good measure, and Audrey knew he was marking her yet she couldn't find it within herself to care. 

"I have to have you now, Audrey," Ance growled against her ear. 

"Yes.. Please..." Audrey gasped. 

Ance quickly pulled his finger from her and spun her around. Audrey watched in a hungry daze as Ance swiftly licked the finger he'd been driving her mad with before grabbing her hips, hoisting her into the air and pulling her body down on him. 

With one fluid motion, Ance was buried deep within her. Audrey cried out at the sudden fullness she felt inside and was thankful that Ance had anticipated the noise and captured it in his mouth. 

Never in her life had Audrey felt as stretched and full as she felt now. "So tight," Ance growled as he lowered his head and nipped at her shoulder. 

"Ance, more.. Please.." Audrey's mind was swirling as her legs wrapped tight around his hips. "I need more." 

Her encouragement was all Ance needed to hear it would seem because it caused something in his eyes to light up.. It was as if a careful control he'd been holding onto was suddenly gone and Audrey could do nothing but hold on for dear life as he began to move swiftly within her. 

His mouth sought her breast and his tongue lapped lazily at her aching nipple as Audrey buried her hands in his thick brown hair and moaned out his name. 

The moonlit water lapped at her bottom as she bounced against the outlaw. Sweat slicked his skin and Audrey found herself pressing her lips to his shoulder, eager to taste him. Ance let out a growl that was more animal than man and his movements increased. 

Higher and higher, Audrey climbed. She was certain that if she didn't find her release soon she would die from the sheer aching pleasure that Ance had roaring within her. 

Audrey was at the edge and when Ance reached one hand down between them and ran his thumb over her throbbing womanhood, it was that final push Audrey needed to be sent tumbling off the peak. 

White, hot light exploded behind her eyes. Ance's name left her lips on a loud cry as she became deaf and blind to all else but the erotic release Ance had given her. Faintly, Audrey was aware of Ance letting out a roar of his own before he suddenly pulled her off of him and the evidence of his release shot out across her stomach. 

Audrey trembled as the aftershocks rocketed through her body. Ance pulled her close to him, her legs still wrapped around his hips. He buried his head in her shoulder and Audrey ran her hand through his thick air as his erratic breathing slowly returned to normal. 

She was surprised by the tender kiss he pressed against her collarbone before he raised his head and met her gaze. "You are whiskey, lady. Not only do you burn but you leave a man with wobbly legs and a dizzy head." 

Audrey blushed, suddenly very aware of her surroundings. They were out in the open, in this pool of water, with the waterfall behind them, the moonlight above them, and Penelope asleep only fifty yards away at camp. Ance seemed to come to his senses as well. He used the river water to clean her off before turning and heading for the bank, carrying Audrey up and out of the water. 

Another tender kiss was pressed against her hair before Audrey found herself sat down upon her feet. She clung to his arms several long moments before she was certain her legs would hold her up. 

"Are you okay?" Ance questioned with more tenderness in his voice than Audrey had ever heard there before. 

She met his eyes but couldn't tell what he was thinking. "Of course," she whispered. "You're not the only one with wobbly legs." 

A smile curved Ance's lips and Audrey could see his blue eyes sparkle in the moonlight. He truly was a handsome man. Audrey was unsure what to think as Ance helped her into her clothes, though she had nothing to wear beneath her shirt since Ance had seen fit to destroy her things. 

"I shouldn't have done that..." Ance admitted and then he shrugged. "Apparently I can't think real clear when I've got you for the taking in front of me." 

"Well..." Audrey wanted to think of a witty comeback but found herself simply stuttering several times before closing her mouth. She watched Ance as he dressed himself and tossed his gun belt over his shoulder. 

Without a word, Audrey and Ance made their way back to camp. Audrey suddenly felt quite awkward. She didn't know what to say or how to act after what they had shared in that water.... Were they together? Or was it simply two lonely people finding comfort in the physical connection they shared? Was there more? Did she want there to be more? Did Ance? 

Audrey's mind was whirring with doubts, fears and unanswered questions. She didn't voice any of this to Ance, however. He didn't seem the kind of man who would appreciate the chatter--as a matter of fact he himself had admitted he didn't have patience for feminine blah blah blah, as he had called it. 

When Ance laid down and motioned for Audrey to lay with him, she shook her head. "I don't think I should..." she whispered. 

Ance frowned and his eyes narrowed as he studied her. "Why?" he questioned, his voice so low it was barely audible above the crackling fire. 

Audrey swallowed hard and nibbled at her lip as she pushed her hair behind her ear. "I wouldn't want Penelope to catch us cuddled up and begin to ask questions that neither of us are ready to answer." 

Ance didn't say a word. He didn't nod in agreement, nor did he voice any disagreement, instead he rolled to the other side and gave her his back. Audrey sighed. "Are you angry?"

"Nope," Ance grumbled. "I'm going to sleep. Wouldn't want Penny waking up and asking what we're still doing awake." 

Audrey glared at him before stomping over to her bedroll beside her daughter and curling up there. Why was he so damn moody and complicated?! Did he truly want to announce to Penelope that they were together? That would be setting Penelope up for disappointment when all of this was over and Ance was suddenly gone from their day to day lives.... Because he himself had admitted that he wouldn't stay for good. 

With her core still aching from his lovemaking, and her mind a jumbled mess of confusing thoughts and emotions, Audrey closed her eyes and willed herself to get some sleep--she had a feeling she would need it to deal with Ance, and his grumpiness, come morning.