Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

With that, Ance had clearly had enough talking and he took her breast into his mouth and suckled it with a wild abandon. Audrey clung to him, digging her nails into his broad shoulders as she threw her head back and moaned his name. 

Ance's hungry mouth worshiped every inch of her exposed flesh before he finally growled and stood, placing her on her feet so suddenly that Audrey nearly collapsed. "Why did you stop?" she demanded, while feebly attempting to stand straight on her trembling legs. 

Ance let his gaze travel lazily down the length of Audrey's body, pausing on her breasts as a rumbling growl left his chest. "We're still a bit overdressed for that swim." 

Ance reached for the buttons of his shirt and Audrey shook her head. Quickly she pushed his hands out of the way and managed a smile up at him. "Let me." 

Ance's blue eyes darkened as he let his hands drop in submission. Audrey's fingers were shaking so drastically that she could barely take hold of the buttons to undo them. She could sense Ance's impatience as he shifted his feet and growled but he said nothing and did not try to stop her or undo the buttons himself. 

Ance hissed out a breath as Audrey slid his shirt from his shoulders and her fingers grazed across his bare skin. "Damn, lady, whiskey.... You are whiskey." 

Audrey's heart hammered against her ribs as Ance removed his boots, gun belt and trousers. She kept her eyes on his chest, a blush covering her cheeks as she realized he now stood before her in all his naked glory. 

Ance chuckled quietly. "You aren't gonna get shy on me now, are you?"

Audrey chewed her lip as she unconsciously crossed her arms over her chest. Ance shook his head, slid his fingers in the waistband of her split skirt and pulled her toward him. "Don't hide yourself from me." 

Audrey let her hands fall and wished she knew what to say.... She could scarcely breath let alone speak with this giant of a man standing so close. Ance oozed masculinity and power and Audrey felt quite small powerless beside him this way...

Until she glanced down through her lashes and saw the evidence of his arousal. Dear Lord have mercy! Ance was a sight to behold... his body was littered with scars, visible in the moonlight, but every inch of him was thick and hard. 

He was a man forged from years of hard living and fighting for survival. Audrey had no doubts about his deadliness. She knew that with very little effort he could reach out with one hand and very likely end her life. He was a force to be reckoned with...

And he was all hers. She was powerful in this moment. Ance had come to this riverbank with her because he wanted her, because she made him ache with need just as badly as he did her. 

Feeling a bit more sure of herself, Audrey took a few steps back, despite Ance's grumbling protests. She turned her back on him, slid from her skirt and loosed her hair from the back of her head. As the blond locks cascaded down her back, Audrey glanced over her shoulder, flashed Ance a coy grin and headed straight for the water. 

The river was surprisingly cool against her skin and Audrey gasped when it reached her waist. She bit her lip hard to keep from cursing and fleeing back up the bank, neither of which would do much to enhance the moment. 

The cold was forgotten instantly when Ance's long body was suddenly pressed against her. Audrey leaned her head back against his chest and felt his arousal in her back as his long, strong arms circled her waist and his rough hands, gently caressed her aching breasts. 

Audrey rocked against him as one of his hands slid down her stomach and brushed the curls between her thighs. Audrey tilted her head back and Ance swooped down and crushed his lips against hers. His tongue delved into her mouth as he drank her in. A cry of shock and pleasure was muffled by the kiss when Ance's finger slipped inside of her.