[Fine. I'm coming] he replied. He took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for his mother. She was the complete opposite to him. He preferred to stay quiet while she preferred to say anything and everything that came to her mind. She also had a tendency to be melodramatic.

"I have to go but I'll see you later" he called out as he strode to the door.

Sonakshi came running out the bathroom with a mascara wand in her hand to give him another hug.

Taking a deep breath, he inhaled her scent, hoping it would be enough to get him through seeing his parents.

He kissed her on the cheek before making his way to his office.

As soon as he opened the door, his mother fired question after question at him while his father watched on in amusement.

He walked passed them and sat down in his chair, waiting for his mother to take a breath long enough for him to speak.

"Well...? Answer me, Mason!" she finally finished, sitting in one of the chairs opposite him.

"Her name is Sonakshi. She's a human. We met a couple days ago. Yes, she's beautiful. No, she didn't reject me. No, I haven't marked her. Yes, you'll like her. No, you didn't bump into her at the grocery store. She's five foot seven. We have not discussed having children. Second of June. Have I missed anything?"

"If she's human, does she know what we are? Have you told her anything?" his father asked, the Alpha in him resurfacing.

"No, she doesn't. I was planning on telling her later today"

"And you're certain she can keep the secret? I know she's your mate but you also have a responsibility to this Pack"

"I know my responsibilities" he said lowly. His wolf didn't like his father's tone.

"You-" his father started.

"Let's just calm down for a second and focus on the amazing news" his mother interjected.

Grey took a breath to calm down but he never took his eye off his father. He loved his father but whenever he visited the Pack house, he couldn't help but fall into old habits. He was no longer Alpha anymore and he needed to accept that.

"What did you say her name was?" his mother asked.

"Sonakshi. Sonakshi Sinha" Grey answered.

"The name doesn't ring a bell. I know all the names of every human residing in Calm Water and hers is definitely not one of them" his father said.

Grey knew all the names of the humans living in Calm Water too. It was something his father had ingrained into him, along with knowing every new face getting off a plane, train or bus.

He thought back to when Dina had come to him and requested her admittance a few months ago. She had already filled out the required form detailing the nature and duration of Sonakshi's visit.

After a quick background check, he approved her request and filed the paperwork. One of the more mundane tasks of being Alpha.

Little did he know, the duration of her stay would change to indefinite. Whether she knew it or not.

"She's here visiting a friend" Grey clarified.

"What friend?" his father probed.

Grey narrowed his eyes. He stood swiftly and walked out before things between he and his father could escalate.

*

It was a bright, sunny day as Grey stood observing his Pack chat and socialise around him. The barbecue was in full swing as burgers and steaks were grilling and soft music was played throughout.