Suddenly, someone sat down next to her with a thump, making her bounce slightly in her seat.

"Hey sexy" he said, giving her an over-exaggerated once over and putting his arm around her shoulders. She moved up a bit to get some space but he just followed her until she was up against the arm rest.

A group of his friends crowded around the two of them, egging him on.

"I haven't seen you around here before" he said, rocking slightly.

"Yeah, 'cause she was busy hiding from you!" one of his friends said and they all laughed a little too hard.

"So what's your name, baby? Tell me your story" he wiggled his eyebrows.

Sonakshi thought about telling him her real name but no-one could ever pronounce her name on the first try anyway.

"Shay" she blurted out, unable to think of anything else.

"Shay, huh. How exotic" he grinned, moving closer to her.

"Not really" she said.

"Not really" he mimicked her accent, adding extra emphasis unnecessarily.

"Uh huh" she replied, feeling even more uncomfortable.

"I'm Tony, but everyone calls me T" he said, picking up a strand of her hair and smelling it. Really taking a deep whiff.

Sonakshi pulled back so her hair slipped through his fingers, but it didn't deter him.

He leaned in to kiss her and she jerked her head away quickly. She tried to stand up but his grip on her shoulders tightened, holding her in place.

"Come on, Sarah" he goaded.

"My name's not-" she tried.

"Here, have some of my drink" he pushed the drink in her face and some of it sloshed over onto her dress.

It smelt so strongly of alcohol she had to stop herself from gagging.

"No thanks!" she said firmly, attempting to get up one more time, to no avail.

"Come on, try some" his smile was quickly turning into a look of frustration.

He kept persisting, taking her drink from her hand and pouring some of his into her cup.

"I said no!" she said, her voice getting louder, "Let go of me!"

"I'll let you go if you give me a kiss" he smirked and his friends whooped and hollered.

He turned her head, holding her still when she started to squirm.

"T, man, she doesn't want to" one of his friends piped up.

"Yes she does. She just doesn't know it yet" he said, licking his lips. His friend walked away saying he didn't agree with what 'T' was doing.

"HELP! MUJHE BACHAO!" she yelled after him. She poured her drink on Tony's trousers but it didn't faze him in the slightest.

He leaned in again and she could feel tears pooling in her eyes as her fear increased.

The grip on her face and shoulders was suddenly yanked away.

Sonakshi watched open-mouthed as Tony was dragged from the sofa to the floor by his hair. She followed the hand gripping Tony's hair in a death lock and was surprised to see the guy from earlier. His handsome face was contorted into one of rage and his mesmerising eyes looked thunderous.

He looked furious and Sonakshi couldn't help but briefly feel panic.

For Tony.

She stood quickly, making eye contact with the guy. His stormy eyes softened a fraction  as he regarded her but they hardened again when Tony started scratching at the hand currently embedded in his scalp.

"I'm sorry! I was just joking around" he whined.

She noticed that Tony's friend was standing behind Grey Eyes and she nodded slightly in thanks.

"Please, please don't! I'm Sorry! Please!" he begged.

A large crowd formed around them and Sonakshi just wanted to fade away. She usually liked being the centre of attention but not for situations like this.

"Tony pissed his pants!" someone yelled out and they started pointing and laughing at the stain on his crotch from Sonakshi's drink.

The music stopped as all eyes were on Grey Eyes and Tony.

"Party's over. Go home." Grey Eyes said lowly but everyone seemed to hear.

Tony's face was red and he looked like he was on the verge of tears. Gone was the false bravado brought on by alcohol and his friends.

Grey Eyes' attention went to her.

"You stay here" he said.

And with that, he started dragging a snivelling Tony by his roots across the room like he weighed nothing.

He turned left instead of going to the front door and some of the crowd followed while the rest followed his command.

Sonakshi wasted no time in going the opposite direction. She weaved through people as she went out the front door.

She called Dina but it just rang and went to voicemail so she left a text saying she was leaving and that she would meet her at home.

The night air was chilly and the moon was at half mast. The trees obscured the moonlight, only allowing small cracks through.

Ten minutes later into her journey back to Dina's and Sonakshi already regretted not waiting for her friend. She was sure she'd made a wrong turn somewhere because there were a lot more trees around her than she remembered from earlier.

She tried Dina a couple more times but it still went to voicemail.

She thought it was a smart idea to use the flash on her phone to guide her way, up until her phone ultimately died.

Twenty minutes more of walking in what she hoped was the right direction and Sonakshi thought she heard a rustling.

"This is not some b-grade horror movie, Sonakshi. Get it together" she whispered to herself.

A few more steps and the rustling continued.

She picked up the pace, praying she was at least close to some shops or something.

A howl sounded from somewhere on her left, much closer than she let herself admit.

She cursed her luck. She knew there were wolves in Calm Water and Dina did say that not all of them were nice. In fact Dina made it a point to tell her that some were 'carnivorous, man-eating wolves'.

It was silent for a while after so she slowed back down to her normal walking pace. She laughed at her paranoia. As if there were something in the shadows following her. She shook her head at her silliness.

Sonakshi stopped walking, finally admitting to herself that she was lost.

A strange tickling sensation on her back made her itch but it didn't go away. It felt as if someone were breathing-.

She spun around quickly only to come face to face with a giant dark grey wolf.

Without thinking, she screamed at the top of her lungs and took off running in the opposite direction.

The words 'man-eating' repeating over and over in her head as she ran.

But that didn't last long.

Before she knew it, she tripped over and landed on the side of her face. She was sure her head was bleeding.

Her vision was blurry and her head was pounding.

At least she would die painlessly, she thought as the wolf's snout lowered to her head.

***************************************************************************************

not edited*

Sunday 27th April 2018