ninth grade

max's pov

i never knew that i was actually smart. damn, that coma must've done some shit to my brain because i sure as fuck wasn't like this before.

my memory was better. i had a new way of memorizing things that really helped me a lot. i assigned pictures in my head to different things and went there in my mind to remember it. i don't know how to explain it that well, but it's cool i guess.

i skipped right over eighth grade because i already knew everything and went to ninth grade with adam. it was nice to finally be with him. and katy too, of course. they were both a lot of fun hanging out with.

mrs. cooper continued working at the middle school. david finally got the rest of his teaching degree and started working at my high school. gwen kept working in an office until one day, she was offered a job as a child psychologist at my school.

i was an honors student all throughout ninth grade. kids stopped bullying me too! i slowly got more popular, and i ended up joining the student body. i also joined the theatre guild in my high school, of course. i was on the honor roll at the end of ninth grade too.

i was always so busy, but never busy enough not to make time for my friends.
well.. friend.
katy had become my best friend. she was always there for me and made me laugh.
adam... he was my boyfriend.
we had gotten together shortly after i got out of the coma.

i didn't have a lot of time for things i used to do, like playing video games and hanging out with my friends. that doesn't mean i didn't do those though. i hung out with katy and adam basically every weekend. i had student body, track, and theatre guild keeping my very busy though. but i always found time for them.

i feel like i would have gone crazy by now without them.

i was only in ninth grade, and i still had three more years to go to do whatever the hell i wanted. then, there was college and work after that. i could already see what i wanted to do, and i was slowly working towards it.

i can do this.

391 words.