Chapter:10

All weekend the team was wondering what was going on between Tex and I. Kolby was one of the ones that slept in my trailer. Lane was forced to sleep in a separate trailer than her girlfriend and Cassie. She's not in my trailer though.

I woke up before Tex did getting dressed and Going out to check on the horses. Matt was already up brushing his out. "Morning Ash. Ready for today?" He asked. "Yup." I told him. "I won't tell anyone if you and Tex are dating." He said. "What makes you think we are?" I asked him. "I was the only one that didn't sleep on the way over here yesterday morning besides him. No matter how many times he wanted to readjust his arm with your head on it, he didn't." He said.

"Ok. Then you can't tell anyone else and let them figure it out on their own." I said. "It's a deal girl. Besides I wanna give you a few tips on how to flip the calf faster for your size." He said. "Ok." I said. I gave Cash his grain at the exact time before grooming him out. When he shook, dirt and dust came off his coat.

"Bath time." I said. "I think they all need baths." Matt said. Kolby came out followed by Tex. Jacob and Ryder must still be asleep. I went to the back of my trailer digging into one of the supply boxes getting the shampoo horse wash and a few rags. I then untied Cash as Matt got his own horse. "Where are you two heading off to?" Tex asked.

"Giving my horse a bath. He needs one." I told him. "She'll be fine Tex. I'm going with her. If more than one show up trying to get ahold of her, I'll call the crew." Matt said. "I'll go along with them just in case." Kolby said. I could tell Tex relaxed a bit. I moved closer to him. "I'll be fine Tex. Not many guys will mess with me. They especially won't with Kolby and Matt with me." I told him.

He kissed my temple. He let me take my horse to go wash with Matt and Kolby flanking me. Across the way I spotted my rival from this summer. Kolby could tell by the look on my face. "Is he solo?" Kolby asked. "Yeah." I told him. "Stay closer to us. He will cause trouble." He said. "Who is it?" Matt asked.

"Some guy from the summer circuit." Kolby told him. We continued on. Once at the wash stalls, I tied Cash to the ring before getting one of the hoses. I completely drenched my horse before washing his coat. Luckily I brushed his mane and tail out before washing him.

I rinsed him out really good before carefully washing his face with some of the soap on a rag. When I was done, they were done as well. I led Cash back still dripping wet. "Any idea for your madness?" Matt asked. "Yup. I dry him off at the trailer so I'm not taking up space at the wash stall." I told him.

"Does he know?" Kolby asked. "What? Bout her and Tex?" Matt asked him. "Yeah." "Figured it out when they both slept in the same trailer." Matt said. "How do you know it wasn't me sleeping next to Tex?" Kolby asked. "Because he would kick my butt and make me sleep elsewhere if that happened." Kolby said.

I had to chuckle at him. "Have fun conversing." I said as I walked faster. "Uh oh." Kolby said. As soon as I got back to the trailer, I tied Cash up and dried him off. Then cleaned his hooves and put down the plywood I used to coat Cash's hooves. Blake, Ryder and Jacob were brushing their horses out.

I then checked how over grown Cash's hooves were getting. "Farrier trip?" Blake asked. "Yup. Last one he had was before we moved there." I said. "Does he do well with farriers?" Ryder asked. "Yeah. He's no where near hoof shy." I said. "Will kick though." Tex said coming by. Cash stamped his hind hoof. I patted his rump.

Then made sure he was dry before tacking him up. I then got up into the saddle and rode him around the trailer once. Tex has one of his extras racked up. "Let's go see how the standings are." He said to me. Last night I had gotten first place overall in every single one of my sports. I followed him up to the board with the standings.

He took a picture of it before trying to turn the camera on me. I quickly spun Cash around hiding my face too. I could hear his deep chuckle. We then went back to the trailers. At lunch, we were able to make one large order for eighteen people.

Myself, Cassie and Tex went to get the food. Tex paid for the food while we each carried it out. Once back we divided it up, which meal to which person before sitting around eating it. After lunch, roping started. Breakaway and ladies calf roping was first. Matt gave me a tip before I was about to go.

"Try to get two rounds with the rope before catching it. I know Cash can catch it. You just need to keep watching the head. Drop the reins as soon as you break the barrier. As soon as Cash sees the neck caught, he's going to put the breaks on. He's trained to do that. Do the same for calf roping. Then for team roping. To flip the calf, grab its farthest legs away from you and put it on its back. Keep the hooey only in two belt loops. Don't worry about what Cash is doing. Pay attention to what the calf or steer is doing." He said.

I nodded before he had to leave the run area. On my breakaway run, I cut the time in half with his trick. Then the same with calf roping except for the tying. During team roping, Lane screwed up getting us no points. As soon as we exited the arena, Tex had us go back and untack our horses. After the guys finished roping, they were dismissed.

Tex had us sit outside. I wasn't too worried about what he could do to me.