Chapter 3

The car halted in front of the same cafe. The cafe held so many memories for both of them, some loving and some painful. The place where they had a heart to heart conversation which brought them closer and the very same place where he waited for five hours so he could bare his heart to her but she never came.

Today this very familiar place was going to notice the new chapter of their story.

"What do you want to talk about?" Suman asked impatiently. The way he dragged her out of the house and brought to the same place gave her different unrecognizable vibes.

"Impatient as always. Won't you like to order first?"

"Common! Shravan stop beating around the bush and tell."

'What would you like to order sir, mam?'

"Umm...A black coffee with little sugar for him and a hot chocolate milk"

'Your order will be here in a few, Thank you.'

"Now, speak."

"Umm... Sumo I wanted to apologise for a lots of crime I have committed."

"What are you talking about Shravan? What happened....."

"Sumo, we had a Sumo day that time, its Shravan day today. So please let me speak."

"I opened the PCT land case again, and have found something strikingly shocking. The file I had studied for the case nowhere mentioned about the PCT being on the land but file I found in Archives consisted the information of it so I'm really sorry, Sumo. Its my mistake no crimfe I should've studied the case more deeply. I'm sorry, Sumo."

"I knew it Shravan."

"What?"

"Yeah! I always knew that your Oxford degree was fake." Saying that she laughed like a maniac.
He shook his head at her attempt to hide her true emotions. She have always been like this, he now wondered was there someone who understood her hidden emotions.

"Yeah! Of course my brain lies in the knees right." He replied sarcastically annoyed but couldn't hide the smile making its way on his lips.

"Look Sumo, my another crime was that I insulted you and shouted at you. I shouldn't have done all that but when you came to me to confirm I realised what I did was not a mistake. I hurt you, I betrayed maine bharosa toda tumhaara I I ...."

"Shravan listen ..."

"No, Sumo. I'm really feeling guilty and angry on myself that I didn't know what to do. I was confused Sumo, and first thing that came to me was to buy that land and give it you. But your reaction to my impulsive action (Newton's third law anyone😂 ) actually hurt my nose umm literally you know."
She smiled at the memory of him giving her land papers and the way she threw it on him. That was really a game changer.

"I knew you were angry with me and wouldn't listen so I again have to shout on you."

"" ye land nahi logi toh kya apne ghar se PCT chalaogi?""
He indirectly gave her a solution to her problem as he always did. They both were each others pillars. Their idea of helping and consoling was different and why not be. Shraman are unique.

"Yeah yeah! I remember but that idea was on the way in my mind too."

"Oh! Sumo, then it must be stuck in traffic right?"

"Right, WAIT WHAT? Shravan your making fun of me I'm going..."

"Arrey! Sumo thodi der aur please."
His pleading expression and baby like bright eyes melt her and she sat again looking at the monsoon showers from big cafe window.

"Sumo, I have a proposal for you."
Shravan said nervously and started looking here and there avoiding her gaze while Suman was shocked not because he was going to propose but the way he announced as if it was a business deal.

"Shravan tumhara dimaag sach mei ghutne me hi hai. Aise kon propose karta hai  jaise kisi client k saath deal finalize kar raha hai. Ehh! Shravan I have waited years for this but you idiot Her mind rants was stopped with a thap sound of a file being kept on table. Again her mind went haywire what if he actually has made some kind of relationship contract.

"Look Sumo, the land is on my name and I know you wouldn't take it from me so if you agree we can have a rental agreement like you had with the former owner of land. You can continue your PCT there while paying me rent. Do you agree?"

"Oh! It was not that what the hell were you thinking Sumo. How could you even think of that when you clearly know he doesn't have any feelings for you? He might have them earlier may be a little teenage crush but definitely not love. He himself told you he moved on. Ohk! Focus now. What did he say? Yeah something about a rental contract. What agree ? I always agree with you Shravan."

"I agree." And this brought a full blown smile on his face and this made her heart swell.

He have her the file to sign and that moment she came to  know what it was about. She signed smilingly.

A few more hours passed with one more coffee, more rains, more jokes, more memories and more smiles. Her phone alerted her and they left the cafe together. Shravan dropped her at Tiwari killa and promised to  her and himself to keep that smile of her face intact.

~~
Target 20 votes
I'm a bit disappointed. Last chapter couldn't even reach the target. But I can't the comments of my dear readers. About being late, I had a few assignment to do. Sorry.
Silent readers kab take silent rahoge?
Keep reading, voting and loving Shraman. And yeah comment too.

Love,
Zindagi