Chapter 8!

Niall’s P.O.V

“I hate myself for doing this” I sighed, shaking my head

“Louis would of wanted you to have his solos, he always said you should’ve had more anyway” Liam replied, giving my shoulder a comforting squeeze.

“I suppose you are right, it will just feel weird doing an interview without him cutting in with stupid jokes…” I continued as our microphones were attached.

“But…I suppose we will have to get used to it now” Zayn bit his lip, watching as the countdown counted down until they were on live television.

“And give a warm welcome to One Direction!” The host welcomed, as we ran on stage, making the audience clap.

“Welcome boys. So I can’t help but notice, only four?” She asked

“Erm…yeah Louis can’t make it today. Family reasons” I lied, management told us not to say to real reason just yet. The host moved closer as if indicating she wanted to know more.

“We can’t reveal the reasons though, we have to respect his and his family’s privacy” Harry cut in, making the host nod understandingly although we all knew she wanted an exclusive for her show.

“So boys, how are you all handling the fame, the girls, the paparazzi following you everywhere?” She asked

“We love our fans, they are the people who got us here today and I speak for the boys and Louis that even though some won’t get the chance to meet us, they are all very special to us, each and every one” Liam answered, a small smile on his lips.

“Of course” She smiled. Before reading the next question which had been asked a million times before, they all were. But thankfully there was no questions about Louis until the last one…

“So boys, the 2013 tour will be coming soon. What will happen if Louis still isn’t with you? Will you continue?”

The boys all looked at each other, not knowing how to answer it. They hadn’t even thought about it themselves…

I shot a look at the wings where Paul was standing watching. He obviously got the message how they were uncomfortable with the question so he jogged over to the producer and told him to cut to the adverts. He luckily did as he noticed himself how they didn’t know how to answer it.

“Ugh, that was horrible” Zayn complained

“I know, we are gonna have to think of answers so we are ready for those type of questions. We can’t keep cutting every interview short because they will figure something is up” Liam pointed out.

“Right boys, places! You will be singing as soon as the adverts finished” The director ordered as we made our way over to the microphones standing there, ready.

The audience clapped as we were back on air and the familiar opening tune of One Thing started.

I listened to Liam, Harry and Zayn as they did their verse. Singing my usual verse like normal, it soon ended and the boys were almost expecting Louis’ voice to ring through like it usually did, but it never came. It was my job now. I can do this. Make Louis proud if he is watching this.

I opened my mouth about to sing when nothing came out. I couldn’t. The lads picked up that I was having difficulty and quickly sang Louis’ verse all together hoping no-one noticed.

As soon as the song finished, I ran off stage, out of view of the camera.

“I couldn’t do it, I can’t just do all his solos as if he never even existed in this band. I just can’t” I shook my head, trying to stop the tears. Emily ran over, giving me a big hug.