Chapter 5!

“Stop moving about” Louis groaned as I tossed and turned in the middle of the night. I sighed and settled on my back, looking at the ceiling of the hotel room we were in.

“I can’t sleep” I complained

“Why? What’s wrong?” Louis asked, fully awake now

“I…I need to know what they are saying about me” I sighed, turning onto my side so I was facing him. Even though it was dark in the room, I could still see his blue eyes looking at me. “Please”

“If...if it makes you feel better then I suppose” He replied hesitantly, I know he doesn’t want me to see the horrible stuff they were saying

“Thank you” I whispered, getting out of bed and pulling a hoodie on. I raked my hair into a ponytail and pulled my converse on. I wasn’t really bothered what I looked like; it was four in the morning after all.

Louis followed my out the room, placing a beanie on his head.

We quietly went down the corridor of the hotel, careful not to wake up the rest of the guys, finally managing to make it to where the van was, parked in the car park.

   “There!” I pointed out a 24- hour corner shop as we drove down the quiet roads of Florida.

“Are you sure about this?” He asked one last time, before turning the corner where the magazine rack would come into view.

“Positive” I sighed, gripping his hand as we saw my face plastered onto nearly every magazine cover. I hesitantly picked one up, seeing what they were saying about me.

‘EVIE BORED OF LOUIS? Evie was spotted being kissed on her cheek at a secluded café in Florida, where the gang are in the middle of their road trip. Once she saw the paparazzi, she had a guilty look on her face, grabbing the mystery man’s hand and taking him away’

The headlines were nearly all the same;

‘LOUIS BEEN DITCHED FOR MYSTERY MAN?!’

‘EVIE BEEN KISSED ON CHEEK, WHO ISNT HER HUSBAND!’

‘LOUIS GETS CHEATED ON’

“Come on, let’s go” Louis said, seeing I was getting upset. I nodded and followed him out, where he put his arm around me.

“You know that I’d never cheat on you, don’t you?” I mumbled

“I know” He replied, pulling me in closer.

Those few headlines were hardly anything compared to the new headlines coming out every day. The press loved putting horrible rumors about me in their magazines since tons of people bought it last time, to find out what was going on.

“What are they today?” I quietly asked, as we were sitting in our hotel room. We were supposed to go out today but the rain decided to come, I swear the rain clouds just follow us!

“Erm…well they are saying you are smoking in this one, so you are a bad influence on the fans” Harry slowly said, chucking me one of the magazines. Even though I hate seeing what they are saying about me, I need to know.

“That was lollypop” I groaned, hiding my face in my hands. “Anything else?” I asked, my voice muffled

“This one, is saying that you must be having an affair because your wedding ring is off” Emily said, handing me the next one.

I inspected the picture, where sure enough my ring wasn’t on my finger

“That was the day my fingers were swollen from the heat, so it was uncomfortable” I pointed out. “Next?”

“This one says our marriage is messed up and…” Louis stopped, looking at one of them hesitantly

“What does it say?” Beth urged

“It says that One Direction, is a bad influence on fans and they are bad role models” He continued slowly.

We all fell silent, not knowing what to say.

“Have you guys lost followers on twitter…like a lot?!” Niall piped up eventually, frowning at his phone.

The boys all took their phones out of their pockets and sure enough their followers had gone down by a lot.

“We are losing fans…” Liam said quietly.

“No, this…this can’t happen” Louis exclaimed, standing up quickly and going to our room.

“I’ll go” I sighed, standing up and going over to our bedroom. “Louis? Can I come in?”

I heard a muffled reply so I slowly turned the door knob to see him sitting on the bed, one hand raked through his hair and the other on his laptop.

“What you doing?” I asked. He nudged the laptop towards me and I saw loads of articles about One Direction. They were even worse than the ones about me.

A lot of them were saying how bad role models they were to young kids but there were a few horrible ones like how they don’t have that ‘touch’ they used to have, or even that they are old compared to the new bands coming into the music business.

“This is my fault” I whispered, slamming the laptop lid down and wrapping my arms around Louis’ torso.

“Its not your fault, we are going to fix this” He reassured me, kissing me on the head.

“But how? Louis I’m sick of all of this! If I go out the house, they will find some way to make a horrible rumor about me, and it insults you and now One Direction are losing fans because of it! I’m sick of it” I cried, letting it all out.

“Move away with me” He mumbled

“What?” I said, clarifying that I actually heard him right.

“If..if we move away and the press don’t know where we are, yeah we will still be in magazines for a while but they will forget about us, there will be new stories” He explained

“But what about the band? The girls? Are they coming with us?” I questioned

“No, they would persuade us not to go. I know that they can manage without us, we are doing them a favor” He sighed “So…? What do you think?”

“Ok, I’ll come. I’ll start packing the bags and you can go back out so they don’t get suspicious. We will leave tonight?” I explained

“Yeah, we will leave in the middle of the night…when everyone is asleep” He sighed, walking out and shutting the door behind him. Leaving me to start packing.

 A/N Short chapter I know! More of a filler :)

Comment/vote/fan! xxxxx