The next second my eyes open and I'm gasping for air. I look around and try to identify where I am. Which is hard when your vision is blurry.

I then hear a door open and close and footsteps running down the stairs. There was a women looking at me with shock. I couldn't tell who she was since my vision was blurry.

She came closer and put her hands on the bed. I blink a few times and my vision comes back. I look up and see Maria. I become confused and my breathing starts to slow down.

"That's good Dallas. Just keep breathing." she tells me and I listen.

After a few minutes I'm back to normal. I took one last deep breathe and laid back down on the bed. Maria looks at me and smiles.

"Dallas do you remember what happened and why you are here?" she asks me.

I think for a moment and then everything hits me. I look back up at her and look down at my hip. I start to move the fabric of my hospital gown. I was hesitant at first but then I moved it enough to see the scar.

It had a few stitches in it and it was a dark purple. I sighed and covered it back up. I look back up at her and she had a faint smile on her face.

"You should be fully healed within two weeks." she says.

"How did I get here?" I said in almost a whisper.

"Emilio brought you over." She tells me.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"About 2-3 days. You came her Friday night and now it's Sunday morning." she tells me.

My mouth parts. I can't believe i've been out for that long. I look down and fiddle with my fingers. Wait a minute. If I'm here and my mask isn't on then...

"Do you know?" I asked quickly.

"Know what?" she turns around and looks back at me.

"That I'm Lexi?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, I do." She sighs.

"Does anyone else know?" I asked again.

"No, I didn't let anyone come down here because I knew you would want to tell them when you're ready." she tells me.

I nodded and went back to looking at my fingers. I sighed. I didn't know what I was going to do. Should I tell them? I mean it would be the right thing to do. No I can't. I don't trust them.

"You should Dallas." A voice pops into my head.

"No, I don't trust them." I mumbled.

"Did you say something sweetie?" Maria looks at me

My head pops up and I smile at her nodding my head saying no.

"It's time to let someone know your story before anything else bad happens." The voice says.

"Nothing bad will happen. I'm going to keep my distance away from them." I mumbled again while huffing.

I then decided to block the voice out of my head. I just wanted to go home in my own bed. I also want fluffy. I sighed and closed my eyes.

When I closed my eyes I saw the vision of my dad who killed me and my mom not caring. I don't understand what happened to them.

We use to be a loving family but then things took a turn one day after school. I didn't understand what I did wrong and I thought it was a one time thing. But boy was I wrong.

My father would always say the phrase, "everything happens for a reason." He never really told me what it really meant. I always thought he was really religious or something but that wasn't the case.