𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Early the next morning, the thunder and rain was still occurring. Stiles and Rose had awoken still entangled in each others arms, yet neither of them said anything as they got dressed. Rose was still staying the Stilinski's spare room, she rooted through her pile of clothes since she still didn't have a wardrobe yet and opted to wear an oversized jumper with leggings-- she opted for comfort rather than dressing to impress.

The weather outside didn't seem to be seizing up, Stiles said that he'd seen weather warnings on his phone before the electricity cut out and the whole house was cloaked in darkness. Stiles joined Rose sitting downstairs on the sofa, placing a box containing the game monopoly down on the table in front of them. He smiled warily, "there isn't much else we can do since we have to stay inside."

"What's this?" Rose asked, gesturing to the box in front of them, it was torn at the edges and the word Mieczyslaw was written in delicate handwriting on the side of the box.

"Monopoly, its a game. My mom bought it for me when I was younger... I used to play it with her every weekend when I visited her in the hospital..." He trailed off, his eyes glazed over for a moment before he shook his head, "I thought we could play it to pass the time."

As much as Stiles wanted to spend the day trying to find anything that could help him save Rose, he couldn't do that whilst she was there. Telling her would upset her just as much as it would him. 

"Well..." Rose said softly, sensing he was sad, "you'll have to teach me how to play."

Stiles smiled slightly, "of course."

As the pair cozied up together on the sofa, Stiles teaching her how to play and the simple rules of the game. He realised he couldn't lose this, he'd never had this with any girl in his life. He'd only ever had one girlfriend, and one unrequited love, both of which obviously didn't work out but he was grateful they hadn't for maybe he had found someone similar to him. However, he was reminded that if he didn't find a spell soon he would lose her.

Once they finished the game, Stiles had let Rose win since it was her first time, Rose stood up and wondered over to the large bookcase behind the television. Her fingers trailed over the covers of the multiples comics lined up against the back of the shelves. She picked up one of them, a first edition Batman comic that Stiles had never let anyone touch, but he didn't say anything. 

"You have a lot of these." Rose stated as she placed it back carefully.

"Mm... they're my favourites. Batman is the best DC superhero to me, Scott would disagree though." He chuckled lightly, thinking about Scott made him feel conflicted. He always stood by his best friends decisions, but when it came to Rose he couldn't find himself to agree with him this time. 

He expected Rose to say something about Scott, but instead she turned to face him and smiled. Her smile could light up the universe, Stiles thought.

"What superhero do you think I would be?" She grinned, her eyes sparkling slightly. 

"Uh..." Stiles stuttered for a moment, "you know what... you'd be Peggy Carter, she wasn't a superhero, but she sure as hell was one of the best women in the Marvel universe."

Rose's smile widened, "tell me more."

Stiles paused for a moment, "why don't I show you?" He asked, opening one of the drawers besides the bookcase and pulling out the dvd of Captain America: The First Avenger.  

The pair took a seat on the sofa, their bodies barely inches apart as the film began. Halfway through the film a thud sounded from upstairs sending a shiver down his spine.