Chapter 37

-CASEY-

I walked in the door and threw my bag and purse on the floor. Walking into the living room, I saw Rod and Kev watching the game on my TV.

"How yall get in here?" I asked.

"Whats up sis?" Rod said making his way towards me giving me a hug. Kev wasn't too far behind him.

"Oh yea, you went off today. Good job." He said giving me a high five. I just laughed.

I made my way to my room to get undressed and lay in bed. I wasn't feeling well and I was tired. I knew Gabe was in here somewhere but I figured he would make his presence known soon. I walked into my room and saw this nigga playing the game.

"Hey." I said dryly.

"We need to finish our conversation." He mentioned. I just sat on the bed knowing it was now or he wasn't going to let the shit go.

"Say whatever you have to say Gabe." I started taking my shoes off.

"I'm not even trying to argue Case. I just want to know what our next steps gone be."

"Well you have a tour to tend to and I have a case."

"Quit playing Case."

"Our focus should be the baby. Once you get off tour, we can go from there. I have my next doctor's appointment next week on Wednesday at 9am. I'll FT you or something to let you know."

"That nigga going with you?"

"He offered. I declined."

"What's going on with you and him Case?"

"NOTHING GABE! I said that already, damn. Nothing is going on. He's my old high school best friend. Why are you tripping?"

"BECAUSE YOU HAD THIS NIGGA IN YO HOUSE AT 3 AM WHILE YOU WERE DAMN NEAR NAKED. I SEE HOW THE NIGGA LOOK AT YOU CASE."

"Maybe he's seeing whatever you didn't see."

Before I could even blink, Gabe jumped up and punched a fucking hole in my wall. I stood up as he approached me.

"YOU'RE GOING TO CHILL THE FUCK OUT. THIS AINT YO SHIT. YOU DONT OWN SHIT IN HERE. YOU'RE A FUCKING GUEST NOW ACT LIKE IT. DON'T BE IN HERE TEARING UP MY SHIT BECAUSE ANOTHER NIGGA TRYING TO GET WHAT YOU COULDN'T KEEP EVEN IF I AM PREGNANT. THAT'S YOUR LOSS NOT MINE--"

Gabe reached for me as I dodged and went for my 380 that I keep in the couch.

"Nigga, what you doing?" Rod said coming in the room.

"Yall need to go before you end up burying your homie." I said to them motioning towards the door with the gun.

"Im good." Gabe said as he nodded to Rod who left back out the room. I could see a different level of evil/darkness in his eyes. I guess he thought it would scare me but he was no different than any other nigga I've dated.

"You sure about that? Lunge at me again. I double dog dare you." I said to him with my arms crossed.

"That nigga can't come back over here. He aint going to no doctor appt. None of that shit. All of that shit dead. You need something, you call me. Ion give a fuck what time it is or where I am. No more excuses Case. You already two months too late."

"So you came here to dictate shit? You dont run shit over here big fella."

"As long as my child in your fucking stomach, I run everything about you. Don't forget who you fucking with Case. You know how I get."

"Actually I don't. I don't know you at all. Everything I thought I knew was a lie. But YOU, you know how I am Gabe. and I'm not going to take too much more of your spazzing. You really think I'm out here fucking around? If you do, you don't know me then. My entire world has revolved around you after the Tyreke case. The moment I step back and start taking care of Case, you lose your shit. And I'm just supposed to be okay with that? You think I want to bring a child into a dysfunctional relationship? This aint what I expected when and if I had a kid. I DIDNT EVEN WANT KIDS GABE. I'm scared as shit about all of this and the one person I wanted to confide in was the last person I wanted to talk to. Did you ever think about how that made me feel? You were just all over your damn assistant but because I'm pregnant with your child I'm just supposed to sit here and act like none of that happened? The thought of you hurts me Gabe, the sound of your voice, your fucking face. I opened myself up to you. I was doing things I said I would NEVER do. I wanted so much for you, for us. It was all happening so fast but I went with it. You said you would protect me. You failed to protect me from yourself, Gabe."

He rubbed his hand over his face as he sat down on the couch.

"I never meant to hurt you Case. I never wanted to see us like this. I fucked up. I know it's gone to take a while. I'm just asking you to let me be there for my kid and the mother of my child. We can work on all the other shit later."

"I never denied you that and never planned to. I just wanted you to enjoy your tour. You worked so hard for all of this and I didn't want to be a distraction. I wanted you to have fun. I apologize for allowing Ko to even get remotely close to me. I will respect your wishes but you have to promise me you will respect me, my feelings, and my boundaries for the rest of the tour."

"I aint been with nobody else Case. Just palmesha."

He was so serious but I could not stop laughing. He was so pissed that I found it so funny. We needed that though. It was too tense in this room. After I controlled my laughter, I went over to hug him. He hugged me back and we held each other for what felt like forever. I missed him. I missed his embrace. I missed his aroma.

"I miss you." I whispered.

"I miss you too Case. I got you, forever. I promise." He said kissing me on the forehead. He let me go and starting rubbing my stomach.

"I can't believe that shit worked." I looked at him confused. "What worked?" I asked.

"I planned this shit. I was shooting up the club intentionally praying that IUD shit aint work." I grabbed the pillow from the couch and slapped him upside the head with it.

"Shut up. No you didn't. I don't even have an IUD no more." He looked at me with a slick grin.

"Yes as much as I was mad at your ass I still listened to you. Your wish was still my command even though I hated your guts. You were the scum between my toes." I said as we both laughed. Little Rascals was my movie, no lie.

It was good to sit back and laugh with Gabe like we did a few months ago. I hated he had to leave so soon and catch his flight but I looked forward to seeing him again. I really hoped he respected my wishes on tour so that when he got back, we could work on us and be there for our child.

I missed him but I didn't trust him. Only good thing is I haven't seen him in the blogs lately. If he was doing anything, he was covering the shit well. But I knew Gabe moved messy when he was smacked, so he obviously was behaving. That only made my heart smile. He wanted me back just as much as I wanted him.