Chapter 10

-GABE-

I watched as Casey walked off and was confused. I've never seen a woman get pissed for being sent flowers. Shit was mad crazy yo. Everything I said in the note was sincere. At this point, I was about to give up. I've never chased a bitch this hard and Casey wasn't biting.

I didn't expect her to invite me to the party even though I was coming anyway. My flight leaves tomorrow and I was only here for her. I grabbed another blunt out my pocket and went out back to sit on the deck and smoke. I decided to call Kev.

"What's good?" Kev said.

"Yo my nigga. What's up with ya cousin? I sent her birthday flowers and she stormed off like it pissed her off or some shit." I said while smoking.

"I been trying to tell you Case is different man. She's been through some shit. Seen some shit. She has her walls up for protection. She puts on this tough demeanor so no one would play her like a bitch. I've seen her fight niggas before just to prove that she wasn't weak. She won a few too. But to be real with you bro, she one of the sweetest, loyal, genuine, and loving women I've ever met. She will literally kill for those she love. She'll give you the shirt off her back if you need it. But if you cross her, all hell break loose. She's crazy as hell bro. Honestly, I told myself if I ever get married, it had to be to a woman like Casey. You really don't get any better than that."

"Damn nigga. You trying to marry ya cousin?" I said laughing.

"No nigga. That's my homie though. I used to call her to fight bitches for me. I can call her about anything." He said. "But I'm on my way over there now."

"Aight" I said hanging up.

I sat there smoking my L thinking about the shit Kev said about Casey. I could tell she was special. I never met a female that could shoot like her. Definitely not one that could handle a Beretta the way she did. That shit turned me on to her even more. I can tell she's hurt. But honestly, a nigga aint gone keep fighting for long.

"Hey" I heard from behind me as I turned around to see Casey coming outside. "I'm about to get dressed. People should start getting here in about two hours. I wanted to apologize for walking out earlier. I just... never had someone do something like that for me. I didn't know what to say at the time. I want to thank you for that. For the flowers, the lunches, all of that. It really means alot." She said. I could tell she was uncomfortable just saying that. I got up blowing the smoke from my mouth and hugged her. I embraced her for a good minute before letting her go. As I let her go, I kissed her forehead.

"You good, ma. Happy Birthday." I said looking down at her. Casey was tall for a female but still shorter than me.

"Aye bruh. You trying to get ya ass whooped in 2k?" Kev said interrupting us.

"I like how you give niggas my address without my permission." Casey snapped back at him. "Shit it doesn't look like it's a problem." Kev said looking at both of us.

"Whatever, I'm going to get dressed." She said walking away.

We followed Casey upstairs to her room. She had a small seating area in front of her TV with a couch and two chairs and a coffee table. She had a 60 inch TV and an XBOX to the side with two controllers. Kev walked in grabbed the 2k and gave me a controller.

"What nigga this belong to?" I said to Casey. "I don't want to have to whoop a nigga ass." I added as Kev laughed while he started the game.

"It's mine. I can teach you a thing or two about 2k just like I did skeet shooting." She said walking into her closet that I assumed led to her bathroom. She closed the door and locked the door. I sat next to Kev so we could get the game started.