Chapter 16

-CASEY-

After working and talking all day, I was tired. My feet were hurting and sore from being in heels all day. I decided to go back to the room right after Gabe performed. He told me he would be here soon. While waiting on him, I decided to get in the shower. I was in the room drying off as Gabe came busting through the door. When he saw I was naked, he froze.

We spent a few days in Aruba but we were hardly alone or in the room at the same time other than to sleep so he never seen me naked. I continued to dry off and put on my pajamas. It was no use to rush now, he already saw me. He was bound to see me naked one day anyway. We're two grown ass adults. Seeing a little ass and titties from the one you're dating never hurt.

"You might as well leave all of that off." Gabe said approaching me and wrapping his arms around me. "Un un, move. You stink anyway smelling like outside. You need to go shower." I said back. He continued to hold me to keep me from getting dressed. "Come bathe me." He said with a smile as he kissed me.

"Nuh uh. I was out there all damn day in six inch heels. I should've been the one being bathed"

"You didn't wait for me."

"Nigga cause I'm tired. Now go shower." I said as I broke away from his hold and continued to get dressed. He sat on the bed and took his shoes off.

"You did good today babe." I said as I sat next to him.

"You did too. Had a nigga out there blushing and shit. Your passion is sexy, ma. Just hearing you talk turns a nigga on." He said to me.

"How long were you there?"

"Long enough to hear you snap on Phil's ass." He said. "Nah for real. You have a way with words. It's like you say the shit so eloquently all while making the other person feel like shit. Like you bake a nice pie full of shit but wrap it so nicely that they can't even tell it's shit pie. I know Phil had to feel like a piece of shit sitting up there just listening to you go in on him." He continued.

"Honestly, it was just what I needed. I needed to go off on somebody and say what I couldn't say during trial or after. It's ridiculous the world we live in."

I was cut off when both mine and Gabe's phones started going ham. Mine was pinging with text but Gabe's was ringing. He answered the call as I read my text. Bree, Michelle, and Tabitha, along with a few other family members, sent me a screenshot of a post from IG that was of Gabe and I kissing after he helped me down the steps. Swiping to the left was another picture of me introducing him to Phil as his hand sat on my ass. Another swipe was a video someone took of me talking about what the cop told Gabe when they pulled him over. The video showed me talking and Gabe's facial expression which was kind of a lustful yet focused look as he licked his lips while I talked. The caption read.

#BAEWATCH: Looks like OG started cuffing season early with #LawyerBae

"Yeah I got it. Nah we're good. It's cool. If she's cool, I'm good. You know ima be good. Nah. Not all of that. Yeah we'll talk tomorrow. Aight" I heard Gabe as he got off the phone. I had nothing to say. I really did not want all of this but I was caught up in the moment. I didn't even think about what came with everything that happened today. Gabe was just Gabe to me. I often forgot he was OG, a well known rapper. Neither of us posted each other and when we were together we stayed off social media so that people could not put two and two together by seeing the same background.

"You good?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said letting out a huge sigh as I laid back on the bed. "I really didn't even think about all of this. I keep forgetting you're who you are. To me, you're just someone I'm dating." I said to him. "Now folks are about to be in DMs about any and everything. Let them see you out with another female, I'm going to know your every move. I'm not ready for all of this. I didn't even want all of this." I continued as I closed my eyes and laid my arms behind my head. I laid there for a few seconds not expecting Gabe to say anything. I soon felt him grab my arms so I opened my eyes to see him standing over me. He pulled me up into a hug.

"Dont sweat that shit. We're good. And we gone be good. You won't be getting no pics of me with nobody but you. I would never disrespect you like that." He said lifting my chin up to kiss me.

"I know. But the world will. Everything that I fought so hard for up til this point doesn't matter no more. My foundation, my passion for social justice, none of that. I'm just OG's new bae." I said.

"Man fuck all of that. I'm going to make sure nobody forgets that shit. I told you I got you. You hear me?" He said. I know he was serious but I was still in my feelings.

"I'm about to get in the shower. Turn your phone off and chill until I'm done." He said as he went towards the bathroom. I laid back on the bed and turned my phone off as he said. I must have fell asleep before he got out because I woke up to him kissing me on the head the next morning.

"I gotta go ma. My flight leaves in thirty. I'll FaceTime you when I get there." He said. "No I don't want you to go. Just stay." I whined. "I can't. I gotta go. Aint nothing stopping you from coming to New York though ma." He said before kissing me again. I got up and walked him to the door before I kissed him goodbye and told him to have a safe flight.

I went to the bathroom and handled my morning hygiene before laying back on the bed. I thought about flying out to New York since I was off for the next week. I told Tabitha I needed some me time. I didn't want to buss up on Gabe unannounced though since I wasn't sure what he had planned.

I reached for my phone to turn it on and messages and voicemails started coming in non-stop. After the notifications stopped coming in, I swiped from the top to see all notifications. Quickly glancing over, my eyes stopped when I saw Gabe had tagged me in something on IG. I immediately went to see what it was.

He posted the video of me snapping on Phil. Each video was one minute long so you had to swipe left to continue and hear the full snap. At least I was sitting pretty, I thought to myself. I started to read the caption

@OG: Activist first, mine second. She dope. I know nigga. #MyLilShoota

I saw a few of his fans commenting good things saying I'm dope and they love my voice. Some told me to keep doing what I'm doing. His other fans were being ruthless. I continued reading the comments. I figured since it was out now, I should get used to this.

@BreeC best frannnnnnnnnnnnnnn

@MichelleNoBama awwww. My rida dope as fuck though

@imaginethat bro I expected you to be with something badder

@OG fuck you, succ my dicc.

@pambam she's cute & she's educated. Love it

After reading some more comments, I stopped and took a shower. I decided then that I would be flying out to New York to spend time with him. The gag is, I've NEVER been to New York. I knew Gabe would find that funny. I decided not to tell him I was on the way. I told Mia so she would be on the lookout and send someone to get me. I wanted to make it in time for his show. I booked a flight that was so late I would barely make it in on time for the show. I got up showered and got dressed. I decided to wear my burberry button down, some white jeans and my red louboutins that I wore yesterday.

Once I arrived at the airport and boarded the plane, I posted a picture of me looking out the window.

@_JustInCase_: Got a lot of time, just need somewhere to spend it. Wheels up in five, I'll be outside. I'll be on the way. #ItAintNothinButAnOGThingBaby 😜

I hated to admit that I was falling for Gabe. That was the last thing I wanted to admit. He had me about to find a house and open shop in New York just to be closer to him. I'm sure he didn't see the post since he's getting ready to perform. And just like that, the wheels were up and I drifted off to sleep.