Chapter 5: Mission

"Dameire! Where are you?" Scott shouted to the alley.

"Oh look, if it isn't the saint. Come looking for your baby bro?" The former sergeant sneered.

"I know where my brother is, Doom, what I want to know is why you pulled a gun on him," he growled. A humorless laugh  escaped his lips.

"Well, you killed my brother, might as well," he shrugged. "Return the favor. Eh?" Scott stepped close to the man.

"Your brother gave his life to defend your sorry hide. That's what he told me before he died." Dameire punched him in the gut, sending him reeling back.

"I've heard it all before! He said 'tell Doom I love him, Saint. Tell Daniel I love him.' and then he died. And you did nothing. Scott Tracy, the great commander, stood by and let Roland die."

Dameire kicked Scott in the chest sending him into a wall. Scott groaned, trying to get to his feet.

"And its time for you to join him now," Dameire raised his knife over Scott.

"Get your paws off of my husband!" 

A sword blocked the knife and sent the blade flying away from Scott.

Emma stood over her husband, her promise sword in hand. She was ready to defend her husband with her life. 

"You're defending a murderer."

"That's a lie! Roader... Roland... He was my best friend." Scott sighed, giving up his attempts to get up.

"We would've given our lives for each other, even with everything at stake. He ju..."

"I DON'T CARE!" Daniel roared. Tears shined dully on his cheeks. "IF YOU WERE HIS FRIEND YOU WOULD'VE HELPED HIM!" 

"You know NOTHING! I DID EVERYTHING I COULD TO SAVE HIM!"

"FREEZE!" A pair of cops stood at each entrance to the alley, called by a citizen who had seen the commotion while on her vacation. The police put handcuffs on the attacker and shoved him into a police car. And just like that, Daniel Dameire was gone.

Scott looked towards the sky.

"Sorry Roader, but you got to it first."