Chapter 3

Here we go 1.....2......&  3

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The next day, Maya woke up very early compared to the other days. She took a shower and went to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast. She made some string hoppers and Dhal curry then she woke up Swetha.

Swetha went to the washroom and when she came back, Maya helped her to dress up for school. She then had her breakfast and put two pieces of bread spread with jam into her lunchbox. Then they heard the horn indicating that Swetha’s school bus was waiting for her. Before leaving for school, she went to her parents’ bedroom to kiss her dad who was sleeping. She then kissed her mom.

"Bye mum!" she said as she waved her hands

"Bye my dear. Take care.”

After some time, Niyal woke up and went to the washroom. He then came back and searched for Maya who was cleaning the kitchen. Once he spotted her, from the back, he wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed the nape of her neck.

"Good morning sweetheart! How are you?" he whispered in her ears and noticed her stiffening.

"Hmm fine," she said in a cold tone which Niyal noticed.

"Why do you sound a little strange?" Niyal asked with concern as he turned her so he could see her face.

With this question, Maya was stuck. She thought about lying. Oh God! Forgive me. I can't tell him the truth, she thought to herself.

"I’m sorry. I don't know what’s wrong with me but it’s just that… I had a small quarrel with our assistant manager in the office yesterday. He told me that he will increase my salary this month, but he didn't. You know me very well; if someone lies to me, I get very angry. So I had a small argument with him.”

"So what did he say?"Niyal asked.

"He promised me that he will give me an increment next month."

"Maya that was a simple thing," he said as he put his hands on her shoulders.

"Hey! Relax. If you feel that the way you behaved with him was wrong, then don't hesitate to apologize. Just tell him ‘sorry’. I’m sure he will understand, okay?”

Maya looked down and nodded to this.

“Now my good girl, may I see your beautiful smile, please?" He asked as he put his finger under her chin, raising her face. When her eyes contacted his, she smiled. He leaned to place a kiss on her lips. At first, she didn't kiss him back but then she did.

"Okay my husband, thanks for your kind words. Yes, today I am going to deal with this. Now my dear can you move? Otherwise we will both definitely be late."

With this, Niyal went to get ready for his work.

*********
"Niyal Hurry!" Maya called after him when he took so long.

“Just a jiffy I am coming" he shouted from the room.

After one more minute, he came saying “I’m ready.

They left the place by 7:30. Niyal dropped Maya first then went to his office.

When Maya entered the office, she saw the assistant manager. She went to him and asked, "Sir may I talk to you?"

"Yes, Maya sure."

"Sir, I’m sorry for what happened yesterday."

"No, it is okay Maya and as I promised, you will be getting an increment next month."

"Thank you so much sir."

"You are welcome."

With this, she went to her cabinet to start the work.

************

During the lunch break, she met with her office staffs.

"Hello Maya. Are you okay?" Rita asked in concern when she saw Maya’s face.

"I have a headache, that’s why I look so tired, I guess."

"If you want a holiday, take it. You know I can cover up your sections."

"Oh Rita you are such a nice friend. Thank you so much. I really needed one."

"No ‘thank you’s between friends. If something urgent happened to me, wouldn't you help?"

"Sure I would help you," Maya replied.

Maya took half a day leave and came home early. She changed her clothes and took a nap. When she woke up, it was 3:00 P.M.

Swetha wasn’t home yet since she had a chess practice so Maya had her lunch. When she was done, she opened the wardrobe to read the diary.

14.5.1995 :-

 I met her today on my college premises. What a coincidence. I never expected that I'll be able to see her again. She looked beautiful and whenever I saw her, I got butterflies in my stomach. I was enjoying watching her until Rajesh tapped my shoulder, snapping me out of  my thoughts.

“Hey bro! What’s wrong with you? Did you swallow something?"

"No man, I was looking at her."

"Hey shut your feelings. She is the daughter of Mr. Udai, the deputy commissioner of police. Don't ever think about her even in your dreams. Her father will file a case, send you to jail and torture you until your last breath."

When he said so, I got scared. Her background was very strong and she was rich but I was just an orphan who lived with his uncle. So obviously, I wouldn’t be able to get closer to her, talk to her or hold her hand! This was so harsh. What could I do?

20.5.1995 :-

I was standing near the bus stop when I saw her one more time. She was walking towards me but in the middle she started to cross the road with her friend. There was a container which came very quickly that if it continued this way, it would crash into her without doubt. But she didn't notice it.

Without thinking, I quickly ran towards her and pulled her shoulder.

And there, I made the mistake!

The big container took a right turn and went away while I tore the shoulder part of the shalwar she was wearing. She quickly covered her shoulder with her shalwar and ran with her friend after throwing me a disdainful look. People who saw this, came to me and started accusing me.

"Hey, why did you pull her in public? What a bastard!”

“You are duffer.”

They started to yell at me. One person gave me a nice slap that I won't ever forget. I tried to explain but they didn't give me a chance!

Today definitely was not my day! I think from now on she will try to stay away from me as much as she can! She won’t even glance at me. I'll be a prisoner or maybe she will come with her father to school tomorrow. Whatever it is, I'll inevitably face a problem.

Authors note:

Chapter 4 coming soon!!!!

Vote and Comment