Chapter 1

Assalamu Alaiakum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

In the name of Allah the most beneficent and the most merciful.

This book is for everyone so read it

Here we go 1....2......& 3

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sitting on the damp grass, Maya was enjoying the mild breeze that was playing with her beautiful tanned face, causing her to smile. She raised her face from the book she was reading to enjoy the scenery before her eyes. The scene of the orange sky and the burning sun disappearing behind the meadow was reflected in her beautiful hazelnut eyes. It was nothing but breathtaking. She used enjoyed this scene every day ever since she was a child. It was the thing she loved the most in Dumpallanga, the village where she was born.

She then put her book in her bag and decided to go home. Maya’s family was a middle class family. Her parents were farmers so their home wasn’t big or extravagant. Rather, it was a simple house consisting of only one story. The living room was the first thing to be seen, then there was a corridor that had the bathroom, and two small rooms on both sides; one for Maya’s parents and one for Maya. At the end of the corridor was the kitchen. Their life was very simple but her family afforded her a very good education.

Maya was the only child to her parents but she wasn’t literally alone. Regina and Bindhu were her two best friends and were more than sisters to her. They were always together. They used to spend their evenings in the paddy fields surrounded by a small stream crossing their village.
When they were in grade eleven, it was time to think about marriage. The three girls adopted a resolution that "our marriage should be a love marriage, no matter what! We will find our prince ourselves.” And so they promised that to themselves.

Days passed and as they promised, Regina and Bindhu found their princes and they settled down. Unfortunately Maya couldn't find her prince as she had expected. So her parents forced her to marry Niyal, a person who she didn't know. She thought she wouldn’t be able to get through this marriage and that it would last for only a month.

Niyal was a very handsome city boy. He was a bit fair in color with dark green eyes. His parents died in a car accident when he was five years old and since then and for almost fifteen years, he was living with his uncle. His uncle afforded him a very good education as well- education much better than Maya’s. Niyal agreed to marry Maya because it was his uncle’s will. So neither Maya nor Niyal really wanted this marriage. But they both agreed.

Maya would always remember their promise and feel bad to have a non-love marriage but Regina and Bindhu encouraged Maya, saying, "Hey don't worry, he looks so cute and handsome. You got a really nice partner whom you can share all your life with and feel happy! Love isn’t everything thing! Forget about the stupid promise."

Niyal’s uncle passed away before their wedding, a thing that pained Niyal so much. In between all the problems, Niyal got married to Maya.

After three days of their marriage, Maya went to the city to live with him. Their house was quite different from hers. It was big and extravagant. It had two stories. The ground one had the living room and the kitchen. The upper story had three big bedrooms with two bathrooms. The furniture was so stylish. It was a new city with a new person. It was a new life that she was looking forward to. Maybe this arranged marriage won’t be bad! Maybe it’ll turn into a love one with days. She just had to give it a try and so she did.

*******************************

"Maya, where is the towel?" asked Niyal from the bathroom.

"It is on the hanger, please take it yourself. I am busy in the kitchen."
After a cool shower, Niyal came from the washroom and changed into his pants and T-shirt. He went to the kitchen to help Maya. He wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Hey sweetie. Good morning," he whispered into her ears.

"Good morning" she said as she turned in his arms to face him “My sweet husband.”

He gently placed a kiss on her lips. At first she hesitated but then she agreed.
"So it is a holiday. Do you have any plans?" Maya asked.

"Hmm no, I don't but… if you like, I'll take you to a place I’m sure you’ll love," he said as he sat at the table.

"That sounds good. Tell me where we are supposed to go?" she asked while putting the plates on the table.

"It is a surprise.” He winked at her and before she could argue, he continued.

 “First we’ll have breakfast then I'll take you there to find out."

Niyal was a very nice person. He was very fond of her as if their marriage was a love one but his love was even more and it was increasing a day after another. They had a very peaceful life.

After the six months of their marriage, Maya got pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful girl. They named her as Swetha

After the arrival of Swetha, their life changed; she enlightened their life. Each and every day they spent their life with Swetha. Sometimes Maya would feel so jealous of Niyal’s love for her daughter and would question him "Who do you love more? Swetha or me?"
And he would understand her jealousy and answer, “If it wasn’t for you, I would never have her. I love you so much. More than you can even imagine but I love her too because she’s from you.”

After the birth of Swetha, their expenses were a little high so Maya found a job in a private company and she too worked to help balance their daily expenses.

Authors note :

So what do you think ? Do vote and comment

Chapter 2 will be coming soon!!