ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

"ISOBEL? DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH to call me this early in the morning?" I said as soon as I answered the phone.

"Now, now, Katherine, do you believe I will call you at this time if it wasn't important?" she responded, "I think I got a lead on Klaus whereabouts."

"What?" I said, sitting upright on the comfy bed.

"Yeah, now what do you want me to do," she asked me, "Should I keep following him?"

No idiot, then he will compel you to kidnap me and then ask you to turn into dust.

But I knew it wasn't ideal. "Yes. But you don't go by yourself ―send someone who doesn't know anything about you, or me. A human would do. And when I mean human, I mean a professional stalker," I said, "Compel him to call you to inform their whereabouts but never meet in person and don't at any chance tell him where you stay."

"But why?" The vampire from the other end asked, confused.

"Klaus is a crafty son of a bitch. He can smell you from a mile away. So, create an escape plan for yourself. Things could always go wrong," I explained, clambering out of my bed. "Just do as I say and keep me updated, alright?" I said.

"Okay," agreed Isobel, and we hung up.

And, what a wake-up call it was.

I then realized I got a notification minutes ago. It was a text message.

Let's meet at 2 pm in the woods, a mile away from Lockwood property.

― Mason.

Nodding to myself, I quickly replied with a sure.

I went and got ready for my breakfast. I am relatively a new vampire when it came to my hunger. The blood was like chocolate, and with no parent, or in my case, grandmother's supervision, one could eat as much as they want. So, I have to control the urge to devour it whole it as if it's the last chocolate bar on the planet. I have to learn that control now. So, I usually drink it between small intervals so that I won't chomp down on some poor sod when it comes to that.

I have been trying it both ways ―Blood bag, or rather, directly from the vein.

So, I went to the outskirts and saw a hiker. He compelled him to stay put and drank from him, all the while I counted 1 to 10 in my mind while doing so. And as soon as I reached 10, I step back, give him a tiny amount of blood and then erase his memory.

I have been in this world for three days, and throughout the whole mess, two particular thoughts stayed at the top of my head, nagging me from the very start.

Niklaus Mikaelson.

And the Travelers.

I can't kill Klaus Mikaelson unless I want to die. Nor am I going to run from him for an eternity. The only safe, non-messy option is to compromise. And there is no way a vindictive bastard like Klaus Mikaelson would just compromise over my freedom. And let's not mention the possibility of what the guy could do and know if he were to compel me?