Track 13

Do you remember? 

How you were the first to make my heart race.

I glanced over at your hand, seeing your pen glide across the faint blue lines. Your silky black locks quivered slightly as your eyes traced over the words, concentrating on your writing. 

It was around 7pm. I offered for us to work on the project together at mine. 

By this time, the grip on my pen had loosened. My eyes were drawn to something else.

The light of my desk lamp delicately glazed upon your skin, the subtle shine at your sharp jaw shifted constantly as your head turned ever so slightly. 

Perhaps it was the dim lighting in my room that made your skin look lightly tanned. But that had only brought out that small glint in your dark brown orbs. 

With a shift of your gaze on the paper, the light directly grazed upon the surface of your rosy plump lips, glistening at the moisture that you coated over the flesh earlier. 

Your lips parted slightly, releasing a quavering breath.

"Staring is rude Hana." A husky tone laced with your voice. 

Your mesmerising eyes gradually moved to me, catching my intense gaze red-handedly. 

I stiffened up, not knowing how to respond at my guilty act. 

Yet, this time, you didn't cut the thick tension. 

Your eyes remained transfixed upon mine. 

The fluttery feeling steadily grew at the pit of my stomach as each second passed. 

I stared intently back at you, the dryness in my throat aggravating. 

You shifted forward, slowly leaning towards me as your eyes remained on mine. The red tint of your velvet lips came closer to my vision.

My heart hammered against my chest.

If you had come any closer, you would've heard the violent beating of my heart. 

My lips quivered. 

The close distance between us was enough to make me hold my breath. Your arm reached out, inching along the desk. 

Your eyes averted to the visible quivering of my lips before you pulled back, a rubber now held between your fingers. 

Within seconds, you casually went back to writing. 

I sat there, pursing my lips as my face turned beet-red. 

You sat there, a playful smirk tugging at your lips.