• quattro •

Chanyeol had to wait whole day to find out what Baekhyun thought of when he said something fun.

The older boy refused to tell him where they were going. They spent the day together with Jongdae at the lake, after they finished all the classes scheduled for that day.

"Is this the fun thing you talked about?" Chanyeol asked after he walked out of water, hair dripping wet and shirt outlining his already well formed body. He fell on the grass next to Baekhyun, who was already lying there with a huge, cheeky grin on his face.

"No. We do this all the time, it's not that fun anymore. Except for when Jongdae slips the rope." he said, leaning on his elbows. The boys tied a rope on one of the trees above the water, using it to swing and jump into the water. Jongdae, though, still tended to let go of the rope earlier than he should.

Chanyeol groaned.

"Come on! What do you think it's cool that you make everything a mystery?"

Baekhyun sat up, leaning down into Chanyeol's face. The latter startled, but didn't move an inch as Baekhyun's face got barely few centimeters away from his.

"Because I am a mystery." Baekhyun whispered and then moved away.

He chuckled to himself at his friend's almost terrified expression, flustered cheeks and hands frozen by his sides.

"Be patient, you'll see." He said.

The lake before them looked calm, only creating spreading circles from the place where Jongdae entered the water. Few swans swam around unbothered.

Baekhyun stood up, stretching with a long groan combined. Putting his hands on his hips, he turned towards Chanyeol.

"I will give you a hint, though. Dress like an ordinary person. Tonight, we're not royalty."

Chanyeol checked himself once more in the mirror. He was wearing white button up shirt and brown trousers, the simplest outfit he could find in his closet that resembled clothes that ordinary folks would wear.

He still couldn't wrap his mind around where Baekhyun was taking him. He told him to wait in front of the stalls at ten p.m and to make sure no one saw him leaving. For all honesty it was fishy to Chanyeol, having to sneak out at that our, but trusting Baekhyun came naturally. He felt that the older knew what he was doing, so he decided to relax and give in.

He sneaked out silently like a thief, using shortcuts Baekhyun had shown him earlier. The only person he run into on his way to the stalls was a maid that was cleaning marble stone stairway in the lobby. Chanyeol felt sorry that she had to do that at such an hour but he couldn't offer her help at that moment, so he tried his best not to be noticed.

When he reached the stalls he could distinguish a slim figure in the dark and a horse next to him. As he approached closer where the moonlight bathed Baekhyun's face like fairy dust, he could see him holding his horse's head to prevent his happy (and too loud) hisses.

Before he could greet him properly, the older tossed him a dark green hood cloak. "There are people on the road even at this hour. We should stay undercover." he whispered, still battling with his horse who was obviously thrilled to see Chanyeol too.

"Will I take Lux out, too?" Chanyeol asked when the latter faced him.

Baekhyun slowly led Anemos out, patting his neck in process to make him as quiet as he could.

"I think it would be better if we limit it to Anemos." Baekhyun flashed him a meaningful smirk. "You might not be able to ride properly on our way back."