• tre •

The third visit of Park Chanyeol to Baekhyun's kingdom happened under unexpected circumstances.

Prince Baekhyun was now a 16 year old, and he was reckless like never before.

There was hardly anything that he took seriously. Of course, he finished all his duties, classes and throne preparations. Still, he knew that his takeover of the throne was nowhere in near future.

He enjoyed his rides to the lake, teasing the maids around the court and hanging out with Jongdae, the son of his father's right hand man, the closest friend and counselor. They were the same age so they got along well. Jongdae wasn't half that busy as Baekhyun was, so he was available whenever Baekhyun wanted his company.

"Faster! Baekhyun, if this was a real battle, you would've been a corpse by now." Sensei Yukata scolded him while he was catching his breath after another sword fight with five knights who were obligated to practice with Baekhyun every Friday. He had to fight them all at once, to experience the real battle.

"I'm trying." Baekhyun muttered, taking his helmet off and pouring a cup of water all over his head and neck.

The summer was unbearably hot and he hated the fact he had sword practices four times a week. He was never good at it and he didn't like it. If he was to ask, all he would do was riding, which he was great at, and reading and playing chess. He knew his father wasn't happy with his choice of activities but he couldn't go against his own nature.

"When that other kid comes, you'll see what real sword fight looks like. And you will practice with him." Yukata said seriously. He was the only member of staff that spoke to Baekhyun informally and treated him like any other student, which Baekhyun loved.

"What other kid?"

"Prince od the North, Chanyeol. He will come here to train with me all summer."

"Seriously?" Baekhyun's eyes widened at the news. He was finally getting to see Chanyeol, and it was even for a whole summer.

"Yes. I'm finally getting a proper student, not a reckless punk like you." sensei smacked his head lightly.

Unbothered by that, Baekhyun grinned.

That was going to be one amazing summer.

"It's so nice to see you again, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun could hear his mother's sweet voice from the grand stairs of the palace.

This guy never had the right timing, he thought to himself, running after he had a quick bath and put on first thing he could see. As usual, the news of Chanyeol's arrival came to him while he was in the stall, bathing his horse.

Out of breath, he reached the lobby, where his mother's giant dress blocked the way of seeing the person in front of her. Not like that bothered him to steal his attention.

"Chanyeol!" he called, and a particular head peeked behind the queen.

A huge grin on Chanyeol's face was all Baekhyun could see at first. As he stepped at the front, dark hair and broad shoulders got into picture.

Prince Chanyeol was nothing like the tall, lanky kid Baekhyun remembered.

Now he was not only tall, but muscular as well. He still had a royal posture that Baekhyun was so fascinated with.

With all that counted, he was attractive. Realising his own thoughts Baekhyun gulped as he walked in the taller's embrance.

"Welcome back, idiot." he welcomed with his face in Chanyeol's chest, which sent off vibrations of Chanyeol's laugh at those words.