Believe in Me- Chapter 44: We're Here For Eachother

Flora returned back to Baker Street just as it was getting dark. A scurry of footsteps could be heard before Mr Hudson appeared from the upstairs landing.
"My dear," she exclaimed. "I was worried about you."
"Sorry, I should have called," Flora said.
"As long as you're alright. Oh, you have a visitor."
"Who?" She looked puzzled.
"That lovely young man who was with you when you came to the café," Mrs Hudson replied. Flora sighed with annoyance and made her way upstairs into 221B. Elliott was sat in Sherlock's chair, John was sat in his own and they were chatting with mugs of tea in their hands.
"How was your date John?" Flora asked walking into the room. Her voice surprised the two men as they turned their heads instantly.
"It was great!" John smiled. "I'm taking her out next week too. I definitely think she's a keeper."
"I'm glad to hear it," Flora smiled back then she turned straight-faced to Elliott. "What do you want?"
"Lestrade sent me over," he answered. "I told you it was urgent. We've found out who Mr Martin has been calling and it turns out that-"
"I'm not interested right now," Flora interrupted.
"But-"
"No 'buts,' Elliott," she snapped. "If Lestrade wants me then he can phone. I'm just not in the right state of mind at the moment."
"You shouldn't have gone to the cemetery," John moaned.
"How did you know?" Flora asked, ignoring the actual question.
"Mrs Hudson said so," he told her. "She said you'd been gone a while. I was going to come and see if you were okay, but then Elliott turned up."
"Right," Flora went a sat on the sofa, resting her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands.
"I think I should leave now," Elliott said getting up and placing his cup on the table. "Thanks for the tea, John."
"You're welcome," John replied getting up himself and then taking both cups into the kitchen. Elliott watched him then turned to Flora.
"I understand that you're upset," he said. "But Lestrade and myself would be very grateful if you helped out and maybe just listen to what we have to say."
"I'd rather not," Flora glanced up and looked him dead in the eye. "Not at this moment in time. There's things I can't let go of and that dragging me down."
"Then let Sherlock go. He's not going to come back."
"Just go," she ordered darkly and then Elliott left in a huff. Flora got up and was about to leave and then John came back from the kitchen.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Not really," she replied, tears brimming in her eyes. "But I'll live with it."
"With what?"
"Not having Sherlock around," Flora wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry, John."
"Hey, don't be sorry," John made his way over to her. "It's hard for everyone. He was an absolute prat."
Flora laughed. "He was... But it will never be the same."
"No," John sighed. "We're just going to have to try and move on. It will take time, but we're here for each other. Right?"
"Of course," Flora wrapped her arms around John in a tight hug. He hugged her back and whispered: "We'll be fine. As a doctor, I can say that the wounds will heal eventually."
John's words made Flora smile. "I'll take your word for it doctor," she said letting go of John. "I'm going to get an early night. See you in the morning."
"Goodnight," John waved. "Just... just try not to think about him."
"I'll do my best," Flora said then leaving to go upstairs. She opened the door and went in quietly and then flopping onto the sofa. John was talking sense, even if Flora didn't want to admit. But she didn't want to let go just yet. She would eventually...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

I'm terribly sorry for the short and atrocious chapter. Damn writers block again...
Any do, I won't be posting until the 8th/9th, but I'll be writing while I'm away. Maybe updates will be more frequent after that. Apologies.